Mozilla firefox is deleting my bookmarks, second time, whats going on!

I dunno why, but mozilla firefox keeps deleting my bookmarks, the first time, a lot of sites important to my future tech and business requiremnt are gone, and i dont remeber their names!!!!
    Why does this keep happening? I didnt touch anything, didnt tell it to do so, and it still deletes everything! HELP PLZ!
    Sun Tzu said: The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    Thus the good fighter is able to secure himself against defeat, but cannot make certain of defeating the enemy.
    Hence the saying: One may know how to conquer without being able to do it.

It used to happen to me with the earlier versions of Mozilla. I use this utility to backup my bookmarks regularly. When they somehow disappear I just use the backup to restore my bookmarks.

I have never had the problem you speak of. However, you should first make sure that you have the latest version. The newest version does a good job of importing settings, profiles and plugins.

If you click "bookmarks", "manage bookmarks", "file" and "export"; firefox will make a copy of your bookmarks and put them in an HTML file. If you get just a little familiar with the "manage bookmarks" utility, you will find it rather handy.

I also like to back-up my bookmarks. I'll take the aformentioned html file and e-mail it to myself(to a webmail client). This way I can access it from anywhere with an internet connection. I have found MSN to be a pain in the neck for this though. MSN wants you to oper any URL in their little semi-browser.

Quote Originally Posted by snafumaster
    I have never had the problem you speak of.
    same here. the only problem i had was importing ie favorites to fox and it missed about 75% of my favorites. panicked for a second and realized they were still in IE and just redid the fox bookmarks manually.

it actually worked before i updated to the newer version, siince then its gone down the hill
    Sun Tzu said: The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    Thus the good fighter is able to secure himself against defeat, but cannot make certain of defeating the enemy.
    Hence the saying: One may know how to conquer without being able to do it.

Oni-ni-Kanabō
    Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
    There was an addon for Firefox that would make a backup of your bookmarks every time you closed the browser. I've since lost it, but it was very handy.
    Mama, put my guns in the ground. I can't shoot them anymore.

On Indefinite Hiatus

Asus P6T SE
    Intel i7 930 @ Stock
    12GB Corsair DDR3 9-9-9-24
    XFX Radeon 5830 @ Stock
    Corsair 750 Watt PSU

Try backing up all your bookmars to your desktop or another folder. Then go to add/remove programs and uninstall every version of firefox you have. Then go to
    C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Mozilla
    and delete the Firefox folder.

Then go to
    C:\Program Files
    and delete the Mozilla Firefox folder.

Then install the newest version.

Perhaps updating instead of doing a clean install messed it up.

That's right, earlier versions had issues where you might have to manually delete the user profile. I would try this.

... me too i have never heard of that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni
    There was an addon for Firefox that would make a backup of your bookmarks every time you closed the browser. I've since lost it, but it was very handy.
    I use this extension...it's easy, and i don't have to worry about loosing my bookmarks

http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/?extension=bb

(the other extensions on that page are good too...personally i also use popup count)
    There are only 10 types of people in the world...those who understand binary and those who don't