• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mozilla firefox is deleting my bookmarks, second time, whats going on!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sun_tzu617

I dunno why, but mozilla firefox keeps deleting my bookmarks, the first time, a lot of sites important to my future tech and business requiremnt are gone, and i dont remeber their names!!!!
Why does this keep happening? I didnt touch anything, didnt tell it to do so, and it still deletes everything! HELP PLZ!

It used to happen to me with the earlier versions of Mozilla. I use this utility to backup my bookmarks regularly. When they somehow disappear I just use the backup to restore my bookmarks.

I have never had the problem you speak of. However, you should first make sure that you have the latest version. The newest version does a good job of importing settings, profiles and plugins.

If you click "bookmarks", "manage bookmarks", "file" and "export"; firefox will make a copy of your bookmarks and put them in an HTML file. If you get just a little familiar with the "manage bookmarks" utility, you will find it rather handy.

I also like to back-up my bookmarks. I'll take the aformentioned html file and e-mail it to myself(to a webmail client). This way I can access it from anywhere with an internet connection. I have found MSN to be a pain in the neck for this though. MSN wants you to oper any URL in their little semi-browser.

snafumaster said:
I have never had the problem you speak of.

same here. the only problem i had was importing ie favorites to fox and it missed about 75% of my favorites. panicked for a second and realized they were still in IE and just redid the fox bookmarks manually.

There was an addon for Firefox that would make a backup of your bookmarks every time you closed the browser. I've since lost it, but it was very handy.

Try backing up all your bookmars to your desktop or another folder. Then go to add/remove programs and uninstall every version of firefox you have. Then go to
C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Mozilla
and delete the Firefox folder.

Then go to
C:\Program Files
and delete the Mozilla Firefox folder.

Then install the newest version.

Perhaps updating instead of doing a clean install messed it up.

Back