• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chrome paint problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes the clear color is made by the same company. It was less of a problem with the quality of paint and more of a problem of how the paint itself works. The idea of curing it with a lightbulb and misting it on slowly worked out fine so far. Also most of the time I paint my stuff at the body shop. I think for now on I am just gonna send stuff off to get chromed. Reason I didn't this time is because it was plastic, but I hear you can get plastic chromed too some how.

Well, I don't know anything about chrome paint but I will say posting on a 13 year old thread might be the first mistake. LOL

On a more serious note, I don't recognize any of the members that have posted on here in the past so it's highly unlikely that they will respond to this thread due to it's age. You might get better results starting a new thread or finding a paint specific forum. Then again you may get lucky. There is a wide spectrum of knowledge here.

OH and :welcome: to the forums!

it looks like the prep work was not up to par.
a surface has to be scuffed, very evenly. it has to be cleaner than that spot behind your ears your mother inspected.
there must be no silicone with in 10 miles.
scuff it, wipe it with alcohol, twice, never touching it with your fingers and try again.

Back