• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-Vio1's Lian Li V1000- *(Project Silver)*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

I got my beautiful Lian Li V1000 Case today! Man is it sweet. Over the next few weeks Im going to be modding it, and Id like to share my progress with my fellow modders. This is my first Lian Li, and i must say I am impressed.

Suggestions and comments are welcome!

Things I want to do:
1) get a new PSU and mod it (in a new way...)
2) get rid of the clutter (make the wiring super clean)
- cutting wires to proper length
- getting rounded cables
- sleeve wires
3) paint everything that isnt silver, silver (ie psu, cd-rom, dvd, floppy, fans, cables, etc)
4) perhaps some cathode lighting
5)who knows what else... as I mod, new ideas are sure to pop up

And now, the fun part, the PICS:

001.jpg

Here is a shot of my old case (Antec sx1040bII) next to my new one. Its a clear shot on size difference between the two.

003.jpg

I already added a second cd-rom cover (case comes with only one)... man was it tough getting it sqeezed in there.

004.jpg

Still an empty case, just wanted to have some nude pics on record

Last edited:
009.jpg

thought this was a nice pic...

012.jpg

The reflections on the sides of the case is an awesome effect. The PCI slot covers are like mirrors and are super cool.

016.jpg

Had to sneak this in.. just got it. Also notice the odd screws that fit into the HDD track at the bottom of the case.

Last edited:
its an ATX case, not btx..

I love the fact that I can now see my video card with my moded heatsink and ramsinks.

Thnx Daba... i love this case.. I will post my progress tomorrow. Im too tired today (rode 32km today on my bike, and went to a bunch of stores; also started sleeving my new Enermax 470w PSU)

I must say the new PSU I bought: Enermax 470w noisetaker is annoying to sleeve: the mobo power cord is sooo hard to bend (I was going to remove the sleeving and put my own but when i removed the shrinkwrap I noticed that the ground wires were attached to the metal sleeving.. whats with that?
-Is it safe to cut PSU wires to size? what about removing some of the molex that I dont need and have one longer line?

But Silver is such a "Blah" color. Give it some pizzazz by taking neon gel pens and marking the paths on the mobo and graphics card and such. Then take a UV cathode and shine on them. That'll be a sweet way to spark things up a bit. Also, in order to view the pleasure inside, you'll need a window.

im so apprehensive about cutting this gorgous case. I dont want to screw it up.

I do want to put a 120mm fan at the top, but I dont have a circular drill thingy that big.. and its too expenisve to buy.... Anyone from Toronto know what I can do? Or use? and where?

Today, worked a bit more on sleeving and shortening the psu cables... I was soooo happy when I connected everything up and the computer started! Yay.. I didnt wreck a new PSU.

I'll post some pics in a bit.. not all that much cleaner... but its getting better.

Back