• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sparkle 400w PSU - seems like a really good price?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
I was browsing through ZZF and ran across this PSU - seems like a pretty hot deal to me.. Thought about getting one so I could mod it with sleeving and such..

Here's a link

Any Sparkle or Fortron PSU is a great deal. Inexpensive yet quite capable of putting out much more than their listed wattage. I wouldn't be surprised if that unit can do 500W at peak.

I know they are good PSU's.. I already have a PCP&C so I don't need it, but at the same time, it seemed like a good price..

You might want to check eBay ... there seem to be a lot of those PSUs lately for a lot less than that. Look for Fortron, Sparkle, or Emacs. I know there are some Emacs 400W PSUs there right now for $9.99.

Como said:
emacs? never heard of it...are they as good as sparkle?

Zippy/Emacs is about the only brand I would consider over Fortron/Sparkle, but they get mighty costly in the higher watt models. They mostly cater to the server and workstation markets.

Mr.Guvernment said:
LOl
i just got the Fortron version of that - well 2 of them actually :) 400w each and not troubles!
You got the same thing?

Back