• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leadtek or BFG for 6800GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilverJag

Hey all,
Can't decide b/e the Leadtek or BFG. The Leadtek makes the huge heatsink and fan (which I'll greatly need because I plan to OC as much as possible). OR the BFG which already comes OC and i'll OC it some more. If i buy the BFG OC I'll probably put a Zalman dual heatpipe or the new VGA Silencer on it. Remember, I want to OC really HIGH. So, which one?

BFG, it has 20+ mhz on stock.

350mhz vs. BFG OC 370mhz. Take the one with the higher clock, which of course is BFG.

Last edited:
I have the leadtek 6800nu and the heatsink is nice on it. I'm over clocked to 400/853 from 325/750. I've read some articles about people getting their chip up to 85C and I tried my hardest to see how hot I could get it, and I could only top out at 65C running farcry at max detail. Haven't even pulled the heatsink off to apply some AS5. Needless to say, I am very happy with both my overclock and the hsf that comes with the card.

Just so you know, a new NV silencer is coming out which supports the 6800 series. I haven't seen any reviews on this model, but if past products are any indication, this will be one hell of a hsf. If you want to get an aftermarket hsf, than go with the BFG, and you get the best of both worlds.

The BFG hands down. It could definitely use some cooling modification as far as the RAM and heatsink. I pulled the stock crap off and through some AS5 on them after lapping the stock HS and ram sink, dropped the temps down to 51C under load and clocking it to 443/1140. Thats pretty freaking amazing considering thats it in actuality has a 350 core mem. A full 93 more mhz on the core...excellent Samsung Ram :)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8003323 <- check that out ;)

Lejend said:
I have the leadtek 6800nu and the heatsink is nice on it. I'm over clocked to 400/853 from 325/750. I've read some articles about people getting their chip up to 85C and I tried my hardest to see how hot I could get it, and I could only top out at 65C running farcry at max detail. Haven't even pulled the heatsink off to apply some AS5. Needless to say, I am very happy with both my overclock and the hsf that comes with the card.

Just so you know, a new NV silencer is coming out which supports the 6800 series. I haven't seen any reviews on this model, but if past products are any indication, this will be one hell of a hsf. If you want to get an aftermarket hsf, than go with the BFG, and you get the best of both worlds.

^^ Mine sure as hell does. At 412 my load temps were about 77c* - 79c* after 1 pass of 3dmark03. On an artifract tester they soar to 89c*.

Now with my Zalman, I barely break 65 in Farcry.

Back