• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my monthly parts list and my goal.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
link was bad but i found it anyhow.
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-161-403&depa=1

smoken fast ram! expensive as hell tho.
im not sold on the new 775 lga stuff so far. im gonna re-evaluate it around the first of the year and compare amd also for a new rig.
i figure i pretty much rebuild every 3-4 months lol
intel has alot to prove performance wise before i head that way.

specs? at the moment whats in my sig,and just replace parts with the new stuff i listed.it will be 2 weeks of payment and shipping for parts to arrive due to me using money orders for everything.

it will be fast none the less. i dont see many 939's beating me mabey tieing in some scores.and i know for a fact those guys are spending much more cash than i am.

What is the cooling on your CPU? Unless you have an R507 Modded Prometeia, I wouldn't expect much over 4.2 Ghz stable.

Yes, it's a modded Prommy. He took my old 2.8E that I could only get 3.8 gig out of with water to 4.1 gig on his Prommy. This 3.0E D0 stepping he's getting will benchmark at 3.9 gig on water with a little less vcore than the other one, and I was able to boot into Windows at 4 gig, so it's a better CPU. Should do a stable 4.25 gig. How much more will be determined by his newly modded mobo and all his other O/C bag of tricks.

batboy said:
Yes, it's a modded Prommy. He took my old 2.8E that I could only get 3.8 gig out of with water to 4.1 gig on his Prommy. This 3.0E D0 stepping he's getting will benchmark at 3.9 gig on water with a little less vcore than the other one, and I was able to boot into Windows at 4 gig, so it's a better CPU. Should do a stable 4.25 gig. How much more will be determined by his newly modded mobo and all his other O/C bag of tricks.

his knowledge of OCing is amazing! if he was one to go and get ln2 to cool his cpu just for a pretty screenshot than i bet he could break some records. what kind of temps does he get with his prommy?

beau_zo_brehm said:
his knowledge of OCing is amazing! if he was one to go and get ln2 to cool his cpu just for a pretty screenshot than i bet he could break some records. what kind of temps does he get with his prommy?
huh? i dont use ln2 and never plan on it.
im thinking your talking about the guy who posted the screeny above me?

my prommy runs -44c on the evap and -22 on the cpu idle
-40 load on the evap and -14 on the cpu at load.

my prommy is strong its just the prescotts are a beast even with my rig.
my temps were alot lower with a 2.8C

sorry if this is off topic, but where is a good place to shop for Prommy's? Those things are really expensive, but I was wondering where you bought it from, thanks.

deathstar13 said:
huh? i dont use ln2 and never plan on it.
im thinking your talking about the guy who posted the screeny above me?

my prommy runs -44c on the evap and -22 on the cpu idle
-40 load on the evap and -14 on the cpu at load.

my prommy is strong its just the prescotts are a beast even with my rig.
my temps were alot lower with a 2.8C

i should have said that differently... i know u dont use ln2, what i was saying is that if u did u could break some speed records. i know u wouldnt use it though because it would only be used as temporary cooling to get an unstable screeny.

kit-tronics.com has the best service and lowest prices for prommy/vapo needs.
mine was a modded prommy i bought from a close friend of bowman1864 from xtremerecources.com

beau_zo_brehm- the oc world has many paople out there that still do that.its never interested me as i want something everyday i can use it at.
im not no glory seeker either so i dont do the world record type runs either,but mainly shoot for dome high 3dmark scores and super pi once in a while.

dont get me wrong i do have the knowledge to attemp that stuff but not the resources financially.plus to me its a personal satisfaction thing i guess.

batboy said:

Reall though, the P4 chips really seem to max out at about 4.3 Ghz. I used to have a Prometeia/3.2C rig & the highest I could ever get that was decently stable was 4.3. 4.5 is more of something to shoot for on a suicide run.

As for DDR600, I wouldn't expect to get anywhere near that without 3.5+ Vdimm.

Imperial said:
Reall though, the P4 chips really seem to max out at about 4.3 Ghz. I used to have a Prometeia/3.2C rig & the highest I could ever get that was decently stable was 4.3. 4.5 is more of something to shoot for on a suicide run.

As for DDR600, I wouldn't expect to get anywhere near that without 3.5+ Vdimm.

u can get DDR2 667 with a default voltage of 1.9 :D

alot fail to see the prescotts dont oc like the Cchips do.
if i was to buy a 3.2E id be dissapointed to not get 4.5Ghz.

i expect to do 300fsb with this memory at 2.8-2.9v as i said its been sprinkled with pixie dust from the oc gods :) <~~~~~~~~dude speaks the truth
and just so you know ill have 3.5vdimm available if need be to scare the ram into submission.

well at least i see i have my work cut out for me.i achieved all my goals with my current setup and did it at a rather low price too.
plain out of the box ic7
used p4 2.8E
and 2x512 KVR pc-2700

now lets see what i can do with:
full volt modded ic7 max3
newer 3.0E DO
and 2x512 of hyperam 4200 pixie sticks :)

if not interesting it will be loads of fun anyhow.

deathstar13 said:
alot fail to see the prescotts dont oc like the Cchips do.
if i was to buy a 3.2E id be dissapointed to not get 4.5Ghz.

i expect to do 300fsb with this memory at 2.8-2.9v as i said its been sprinkled with pixie dust from the oc gods :) <~~~~~~~~dude speaks the truth
and just so you know ill have 3.5vdimm available if need be to scare the ram into submission.

well at least i see i have my work cut out for me.i achieved all my goals with my current setup and did it at a rather low price too.
plain out of the box ic7
used p4 2.8E
and 2x512 KVR pc-2700

now lets see what i can do with:
full volt modded ic7 max3
newer 3.0E DO
and 2x512 of hyperam 4200 pixie sticks :)

if not interesting it will be loads of fun anyhow.

Let me ask you this: Do you see any other people out there running at 4.5 Ghz 24/7 Stable with DDR600?

Imperial said:
Let me ask you this: Do you see any other people out there running at 4.5 Ghz 24/7 Stable with DDR600?
no i dont and thats why i want to.

but what part do you not think of the ones im getting wont work or help me do that?
i see your point trust me.but i do put alot of effort and time into picking and buying my parts.
and trust me when i say this the ram WILL run 300fsb 1:1 its pixie sticks :)

deathstar13 said:
no i dont and thats why i want to.

but what part do you not think of the ones im getting wont work or help me do that?
i see your point trust me.but i do put alot of effort and time into picking and buying my parts.
and trust me when i say this the ram WILL run 300fsb 1:1 its pixie sticks :)

For DDR600, theres almost no chance of that being stable for anything more than a quick Sandra benchmark. Even if it is slightly stable, the 3.5+ Vdimm you are cranking into it will kill your RAM.

4.5 Ghz just simply isn't practical, even with an R404 Modded Prometeia. A quick suicide run to 4.5 or even 4.6 might be possible, but I have a hard time seeing 4.5 stable.

Anyways, despite all my pessimism, I wish you the best of luck.:)

Goals are good to have. I usually fall a little short of my O/C goals, but it's not because I didn't give it a good try. I usually come pretty close. D-Star knows what he's up against. He's been scheming and planning for a while. Nothing like having a clear vision and an ambitious goal. Let's enjoy the adventurous journey with him.

wish i could get those pixie sticks :drool: , i know where you got them from too! how much did you have to give up for them? me wonders if there are any 2.8c's that would do 300fsb :drool:

Evilsizer said:
wish i could get those pixie sticks :drool: , i know where you got them from too! how much did you have to give up for them? me wonders if there are any 2.8c's that would do 300fsb :drool:

a 2.8c would need more than 300 fsb to get to 4.5....

beau_zo_brehm said:
a 2.8c would need more than 300 fsb to get to 4.5....
correct,this is why i chose a 3.0E
btw i have this cpu from batboys pile of cpu's lol in my rig and wired for torture.
new thread coming.

Attachments

• batboys 3.0E DO2.jpg
    batboys 3.0E DO2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 85
Back