• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my monthly parts list and my goal.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
well i figured we could take a small break away from all the serous stuff of ocing and take a look at my purchases for this coming month.
all have been found and waiting on me.
anyhow mabey some hints at what you think ill end up with oc wise or will i blow up my house? lol
make any comments,suggestion,questions what ever.
and yes all replaced parts will be for sale later in the classifeds but dont ask me now about em.<~~~ headup for the smart buyers :)

1-retail ati 128mb 9800 pro all stock,core is unknown,hynix ram i think.
2-3.0E DO i bought from someone but i just cant remember who lol
3- abit ic7 max3 thats fully volt modded on everything you can
4- 2x512 hyperam 4200
a few others things unrelated to ocing.

anyhow my goal is and dont laugh lol 4.5ghz 300fsb 1:1 :D
i think i now will have the parts,tools and knowledge to do it.

soo make some guesses think ill make? it or blow my bedroom up?

Very lofty goal indeed. Best of luck, but I'm going to guess more like 4.25 gig with any degree of stability.

Do I get to say what I have on the way? A 3.2C that should do 4 gig, D-Link wireless router, D-Link wireless adapter network cards, copper RAM heatspreaders for my naked Hyperram, and an OCZ RAM vdimm booster.

Last edited:
aawww only 283fsb? hmmm i got alot to prove then and alot of tweaking ahead to get my goal. i know by no means it will be easy but this was the dream setup i wanted when i started my intel rig.

ok heres my thinking to get me close the rest will be luck.
but the cpu does 3.9 on h20 my 2.8E did 3.5ghz correct?
sooo add 400mhz to my current 4.1 i have and odds are i will be in the 4.5ghz ballpark.

now is my thinking flawed somewhere?

eeer that changes it a bit. well 4.4 ghz isnt bad but i think i can coax more with all voltage i can throw at it.
still will be an improvement tho :)

think my fsp 530 is up to all this?

tylerhskate said:
you cant do 300fsb 1:1 with any ram out, although 4.5ghz with a prescott is very acheivable, many ppl run @ 5ghz daily lol :eek:
well your correct i cant run 300fsb with any ram thats out now but i have a funny feeling MY ram will be able to do 300fsb, its magic ram ;)

and yeh 5 ghz would be nice but with a 3.0E i think thats way too much to expect.now a 3.2E mabey but im not gonna go over 1.55Vcore with this cpu.
and i highley doubt people with 5ghz machine run it 24/7 and nor is it stable.

With the right RAM and a totally volt modded mobo... it "might" be possible to run DDR600.

Please provide links or other proof about the 5 gig Prescotts. I'm very much doubting that.

TYLERHSKATE:: I too would love to see the links to people running Prescotts at 5gHz "daily".

Z

i too have seen screen shots at 5ghz with 3.2E and 3.4E i think that is just something that isnt gonna happen even with my ultra modded prommy and enough volts to power NYcity.
im like batboy in how i judge stuff,what i can run and pass stability tests 24/7 and anytime i want and leave it at that setting.
unless i run it 24/7 i wont put it in my sig :)

i see 4.3ghz without question.
4.4ghz if im lucky
4.5ghz couse i want it lol

it always comes down to luck 90% of the time as i have the parts,knowledge and help and encouragement from my friends here.

well i've had an interesting journey with my LGA775 3.2E and AS8.

I'm running a modified Swifty 6002 (modified the clamp to fit the new socket)

I'm having serious power probs, though. I figured I would, as i've got a cheapy asspire 500w that came with the x-superalien. I'll probably replace it with either the OCZ supply or the Modright... or possibly the Antec NEO480. I can watch 12v rails just drop once i start crankin it.

I also had one of my 512mb sticks of Hyperram crap out on me... and of course, i put my own heatspreader on them... meaning I voided the warranty.

with all that said.. I can get into windows at 4ghz w/ 1.42 vcore.. gets about 15 minutes into prime before it craps out... once I get a better Powersupply and replacement ram.. i'll go for more.

Watercooled.JPG

looks on par with what im doing now also.
i get no improvement at 4ghz over 4.1ghz in super pi.

look at the fortron and sparkle psu's at newegg.
anything from 400-550wt and even at that they are under $100.and have adjustable rails via pots in the psu.
i run the fsp530wt and its a rock. and all rails above spec after adjustments.
3.3v=3.44v
5v=5.35v
12v=12.34v
its a rock even with my system heavily oced. and with a prescott that says alot!

good Luck man. I was able to hit ~4.5Ghz on a SL6WK with a modded MachII, so it's very attainable. I had to run my RAM at 5:4 though, as it wouldn't take 299FSB.

Good Luck!

4400.jpg

i saw it at xtremesystems forums im also a member there, if i come across the guy that runs the prescott daily ill give you his name and you can chat with him if your that interested

Nuclear_Fuzion said:
good Luck man. I was able to hit ~4.5Ghz on a SL6WK with a modded MachII, so it's very attainable. I had to run my RAM at 5:4 though, as it wouldn't take 299FSB.

Good Luck!

4400.jpg
very nice man!
i have a feeling my ram will run 1:1 at 300fsb for some odd reason,must be something in the air :D
plus if it refuses for some odd reason i have enough voltage to scare it into submissing lol

i gained 700mhz with this cpu over what it did on air.so it will be seen just how willing that 3.0E is.

tylerhskate-is no need i probley know them or seen them in passing at xr.com or xs.org as i too hang out once in a while there.
it is possible but also its possible for people to strecth the truth.
also those guys dont care much about going over 1.7vcore with a prescott and thats just shear nutz to me.

deathstar13 said:
very nice man!
i have a feeling my ram will run 1:1 at 300fsb for some odd reason,must be something in the air :D
plus if it refuses for some odd reason i have enough voltage to scare it into submissing lol

i gained 700mhz with this cpu over what it did on air.so it will be seen just how willing that 3.0E is.

tylerhskate-is no need i probley know them or seen them in passing at xr.com or xs.org as i too hang out once in a while there.
it is possible but also its possible for people to strecth the truth.
also those guys dont care much about going over 1.7vcore with a prescott and thats just shear nutz to me.

good luck deathstar! when do u start? im going to be buidlin a system with an lga775, and my goal is to get atleast 3.8, maybe 4 stable. have u seen crucial's ddr 2 RAM???? http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-161-403&depa=1 :drool: im gettin some of that! if u go to the general hardware section u can check out the pc im goin to be buildin!

btw what r the full specs for your system?

edit: here's the link to the system im building..... http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=316347

Last edited:
Back