• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer freezing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

Ok no and then my pc will lock up.... sometimes when Im playing games online other times when Im runnin a p2p program or Bittorent program, but usually after 2-3 hrs of it running. How can I figure out why this is happing ?I was told by a friend to use the event logger, but I dont know what that is or how to use it. In my device manager all my drivers are listed as installed.

Looking at you specs it seems that you know what you are doing about cooling, but a couple questions

Do you use a firewall

Are you monitoring your temps

Are you OC'ed

You can get to your event log a couple ways but I like to recommend this way so you can see other options.

Rclickmycomputer click on manage|event viewer then check your system and application logs.

firewall just windows Sp2 one

yes I monitor my temps averages about 40 normal and 45-48 under a load

as for OCed check my sig out....

Yea now see that, heat comes to mind of course but I doubt bit torent or your P2P heats up the proc that much. I have know some firewalls to lock up computers when the programs running cant handle the hooks. It does seem that all three issues do involve networking actions. I guess they all could stress your drive, depending if you are doing some heavy DL or running some big maps, as well as your memory , which could be related to your OC. You could run like zone alarm and configure it to for those programs or even try a little while without. And I guess you could tone down the OC and lower the voltage on the mem and see. Looking at your specs I would guess youve already pretty much tried to figure this out a bit and realize that its not that easy a thing to TS. But I really dont know, sorry I cant be of more help.

yes it seem that it only happens when my network is active since I got 2 lans on this baord ill try the other one.

I ran memtest on my ram last weekend for 24hrs and got no errors.

Back