• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mosfet heatsinks on P4C800 - Anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sp00L

I've notice the mosfets on the P4C are much smaller than say an IC7. I've been looking at the microcool sinks over at sidewindercomputers and was wondering has anyone tried these on an Asus board. If so pics?

I didn't use those particular sinks for my FETs, but I do have sinks on all of my board's FETs + southbridge + clock generator. I just cut up a stock Intel heatsink with a hack saw. Here's some pics if it helps at all:

(click them for bigger versions)
tl.jpg

t.jpg

br.jpg

o.jpg

Nice job Tio!!!! I have 2 of the Asus stock n/b heatsinks and was thinking of doing the same thing to the s/b. This is a lot cheaper than the microcool sinks.

Did you use thermal epoxy? Have you noticed any improvement?

sp00L said:
Nice job Tio!!!! I have 2 of the Asus stock n/b heatsinks and was thinking of doing the same thing to the s/b. This is a lot cheaper than the microcool sinks.

Did you use thermal epoxy? Have you noticed any improvement?

thanks. Yes, I used Arctic Silver Epoxy to attatch it. In terms of overclocking, no, I haven't noticed an improvement. However, if I turn off my case fans for a while, that heatsink on the south bridge (and the rest of them for that matter) gets HOT, so I figure it can't hurt.

Yup, thanks to Tio's inspiration, I took some ocz copper bga ramsinks and removed the thermal tape and applied artic silver epoxy, they work like a dream.

Spool how come you didnt push your P4 even further with ur board modded and watercooled?

Wish I could, but it's the chip holding me back. I did 3.7 once running dual primes with Short and Blend tests, but Short and Large always fails under 30 minutes. I've even tried dividers so I know it's not ram.

I'm debating a 3.4C or 3.2E to hit the elusive 3.7-3.8 but my current 3.2C just doesn't have what it takes, no matter how many volts I through at it.

Back