• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best a64 mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nocturnal714 said:
forget that. for me to spend 150 or more on a mobo it would have to be the greatest mobo ever made. :p

It probably will be, of couse these things are of ones own thoughts. But the socket A DFI IMO was the best socket A board out & they have really put some time in the new platforms & it should prove worthy. IF you will notice they have been the last one out with there board & its because they took the time to get the chipset working right. It would be hard to fine a mobo comp that gives more stuff with a packaged mobo. DFI has performance for the overclockers in mined & there boards give this & much more with ease.

Sorry to be a kinda fanboy but DFI RULES. They do take the hand of a experienced Overclocker but lets face it you dont tune a Top Fuel Dragster with the hand of a saturday night street racer.

it might be good but i want to wait and see the reviews first. did you really like the dfi over the nf7? i tried using the ultra infinity for a day and it just totally upset me and i immediately went back to my trusty old nf7-s.
jess1313 said:
It probably will be, of couse these things are of ones own thoughts. But the socket A DFI IMO was the best socket A board out & they have really put some time in the new platforms & it should prove worthy. IF you will notice they have been the last one out with there board & its because they took the time to get the chipset working right. It would be hard to fine a mobo comp that gives more stuff with a packaged mobo. DFI has performance for the overclockers in mined & there boards give this & much more with ease.

Sorry to be a kinda fanboy but DFI RULES. They do take the hand of a experienced Overclocker but lets face it you dont tune a Top Fuel Dragster with the hand of a saturday night street racer.

nocturnal714 said:
it might be good but i want to wait and see the reviews first. did you really like the dfi over the nf7? i tried using the ultra infinity for a day and it just totally upset me and i immediately went back to my trusty old nf7-s.

my honest opinion, the only thing i use my NF7 for is HotFlashing bios, and folding:), it discusts me....lol. i love my DFI though:), even w/ bios corruption. as long as you dont try to run the mem async, run w/ 3cas, or run to on the edge its not been a problem.

yea the problem is i'm used to tweaking things to the limit and the dfi was just way too unstable for my tastes hence the reason why i favor abit over dfi's. everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i respect your preference as i hope you will respect mine. as i can see in your sig, you do use a lot of different mobos and you do push out a lot of dough for your rigs too ;)
jess1313 said:
my honest opinion, the only thing i use my NF7 for is HotFlashing bios, and folding:), it discusts me....lol. i love my DFI though:), even w/ bios corruption. as long as you dont try to run the mem async, run w/ 3cas, or run to on the edge its not been a problem.

The ultra infinity needs some volt mods to come around. The Lanparty is the one ment to rock. And if we all didnt use diff things there would only be one mobo company. I have seen many NF7 that just rocked the would but I like a mobo that dosnt need modding to get what I want. I have took the DFI pasted the edge & back, it worked way better for me than the NF7. But thats what most of us go by is what works for use.

I allways take them past there limits to fined the sweat spot, the DFI has been Hotflashed several times but after the learning I could put her on the line with diff hardware without going to far but still be at the limits.

Your right about the reviews & they should be from users & not review site for we have been mislead before to find that something didnt do as stated. Right here in the forum is the best info we can go by. We are the ones that fined the limit to such hardware & usualy fine how to exstend that limit. The DFI should be sweat, if it turns out not to be the ABIT VIA PRO board has been one of the best 64 boards I have used. I am afraid that the Shuttle in my sig is the very best to date for me, and its only a 150 chipset(go figure).

well said, but from what i hear the epox's are really good right now for the a64 if not the best. :)
jess1313 said:
The ultra infinity needs some volt mods to come around. The Lanparty is the one ment to rock. And if we all didnt use diff things there would only be one mobo company. I have seen many NF7 that just rocked the would but I like a mobo that dosnt need modding to get what I want. I have took the DFI pasted the edge & back, it worked way better for me than the NF7. But thats what most of us go by is what works for use.

I allways take them past there limits to fined the sweat spot, the DFI has been Hotflashed several times but after the learning I could put her on the line with diff hardware without going to far but still be at the limits.

Your right about the reviews & they should be from users & not review site for we have been mislead before to find that something didnt do as stated. Right here in the forum is the best info we can go by. We are the ones that fined the limit to such hardware & usualy fine how to exstend that limit. The DFI should be sweat, if it turns out not to be the ABIT VIA PRO board has been one of the best 64 boards I have used. I am afraid that the Shuttle in my sig is the very best to date for me, and its only a 150 chipset(go figure).

What about the Abit KV8 Max 3? It's gotten some really good reviews and it supposed to be a decent overclocker. The only problems are there isnt any PCI/AGP lock.. the AGP slot is a bit too close to the DIMM slots and the chipset cooler aswell as the OTES cooler which has not been looked upon as good because of the noise. Personally the noise isnt a bother to me because I wont be able to hear it over my Xaser 11+ Fan. But the fans do have the upside of keeping the components cool, especially the OTES which keeps the voltage regulators cool. I'm looking forward to using it when it gets deleivered.

Personally I will never buy another epox board again. The 8RDA+ is probably the worst motherboard ever made, so I stopped buying epox boards ever since and never will again.

I also dont want a via chipset, so it looks like the msi wins my vote (or the asus, dont know much about that one though)

I wish they had a nforce 3 dual channel already so I can get a 939, since im going to school soon I have to settle for a 754 :(.

Krowa 02 said:
Personally I will never buy another epox board again. The 8RDA+ is probably the worst motherboard ever made, so I stopped buying epox boards ever since and never will again.

I also dont want a via chipset, so it looks like the msi wins my vote (or the asus, dont know much about that one though)

I wish they had a nforce 3 dual channel already so I can get a 939, since im going to school soon I have to settle for a 754 :(.

You would judge a mobo buy from a board long past. No mobo company has got it right every time. I even gave MSI a try this time( shew that was ruff).

Why would you not want a VIA, it is probab.y the fastest, best overclocking, & most stable chipset out right now. I know up till now the VIA left alot to be wanted but that has changed now.

They also have it in 939 dual channel, check out Goldstandards rig it is pretty sweat & the AGP\PCI locks. He is putting up benchies that are putin down the most of the mobos & he dont even have good mem nor does he have it pushed yet.

The EPOX & the ABIT VIA have been proven by sevrall on the forum.

I ordered the Asus A8V deluxe rev. 2 (the one with the AGP/PCI lock).

Review will follow when I get the hardware.

i have an ASUS K8V Deluxe mobo and its great,the only bad thing is that the current bios have no multiplier yet,but i think they are supposed to be in bios version 1008 which is currently being tested :clap:

Back