• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

texture tears

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danr

Registered
after a bit of tweaking my 6800u is astonishing. Far cry with every thing turned up and at 1600 x 1200 full AA & AF runs as smooth as silk. They only thing i cannot explain is that on far cry, COD, and tomb raider if i move quickly the texture tears slighlty. This happens at all res and detail levels so i do not think it s the gpu running out os steam. do you think it may be the monitor - its an old 17" mico vitec.

thanks mate.

i know i have seen this option but cannot find it in the nvidia app menu.

any thoughts

What driver version are you using? I saw the option in the 61.xx series, but now I've moved onto the 62.20s and I no longer see the option. At any rate tho, you still should be able to set v-sync for each game individually.

textures tear when the game is refreshing faster than the monitor can keep up with it. I agree with trying to use the v-sync setting if there is one. I don't know much about the game. I am getting it soon.

Back