• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 875p NEO FISR PCB v2.0 got info?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yep, that's what I meant.... running it at 333 will put you at a 5:4 ratio, so that might help your overclock a little. Raising the vcore might be what's causing your problems though, you'll have to experiment and see.

ok but i saw many guy with a 3.0c and can rease it to 3.8 in 1:1! why i cant reach the 3.45... thats bad... anyways ill try to rease my Vcore.. but less than 1.7 cause i know its the critical volt! hehe

do u know the max temp i should be under .. i raise in the bios to 1.625 and im at 1,579 with prime95.. and my temp is around 54°c... i think its hight .. is it? i think i just need to be under 60°c thats right? (54° seem to be stable) my sys temp raise from 30 to 31....... :D

frog

forgot to ask.. which ratio do u have to be at 3.45 with a 2.4c? amd what is ur fan config.. are with water cooling?

Frog as Meat states try setting your memory to 5:4 ( 333) as this will eliminate that as being the problem

you also might have to try and loosen up you memory timings a little

While 54C is high it should not stop you from overclocking

I know you say that you see others reaching much higher overclocks but there is one thing you have to remember there is no guarentee that your chip will overclock as high as others

I am using air cooling with a duct setup. before I made my duct mod ( see my signature) my temps were extremely high

The mod , along with an 80mm fan inside the duct brought my temps down to 42C at idle and 54 under a load

Dave

i saw smth in cpuz.... in the tab memories.. it say that the performance mode is enable? i tought this thing was the PAT orMAT ...i putted it at the minimal state.. (normal) so.... the performance mode is it the HT? i dont think so.. so if the perfromance mode is the PAT it can be that cause me trouble to overclock!

LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA

i just chek the intel video for the conduct thing... hahaha so funny.. i change that cause it was not really good ;) i cut my 80mm hole to put a 120mm :D ... and that ALOT better! ehehe and yes its good to have fresh air.. but u need a low case temp to :p its the good way to have a cool cpu... i still wait to have my 120mm...ill choose the only one product i saw good in thermaltake compagnie the thunder bland 120mm blue.. 80cfm for 30 dBA its good...

im actually running at 5:4 thx for the tips ! and 230 for cpu... its seem alright no error in prime95.. it seem my ram cant go to hight... im a lil sad about that. i though thoses ram will did better..anyways.. if u have other tips!

Frog

hi!

i did what u told me to do.. im in 5:4 and i passed prime95 for 10h at 240 fsb :D so now i got a 3.6 stable ..! i think INF isnt important for overclocking :D maybe its just my vid card is half dead.. cause some months ago i found a capacitor dead on in.. and i change it myself (i'd study in electronic so its easy for me) maybe some others parts are a lil damaged....what u think?

Frog

i did what u told me to do.. im in 5:4 and i passed prime95 for 10h at 240 fsb so now i got a 3.6 stable

At 5:4 you should be able to push it a little farther. I am up to 258 FSB ( 3.6 for my 2.8E) using junky kingston value ram

Have you tried?

it seem my ram cant go to hight

yes most PC 3500 and PC4000 is just overclocked PC3200 chips . it is really just the luck of the draw on how far you can push these . I myself sometimes think it is all "HYPE"

I would like to buy better memory but I am afraid I would just spend a lot of money and only end up with the same results I have now.

maybe its just my vid card is half dead.. cause some months ago i found a capacitor dead on in.. and i change it myself (i'd study in electronic so its easy for me) maybe some others parts are a lil damaged....what u think?

Anything is possible . Do you have another you can swap in just to see?

i just chek the intel video for the conduct thing... hahaha so funny.. i change that cause it was not really good i cut my 80mm hole to put a 120mm ... and that ALOT better! ehehe and yes its good to have fresh air.. but u need a low case temp to

My case temps were good ( 32C ) but my Prescott :mad: still ran at 60C at idle and over 70C under a load and the system was unstable. After the mod my temps dropped like a rock!( see my signature for temps which are great for a prescott on air)

I chose a high efficenty 80MM fan over the 120 as I wanted to create a " High Pressure " area forcing cool air to the CPU because as I stated before I did not have a problem with case temps my problem was with the CPU.
This thing puts out more air than a turbine :D but is still quiet

I also think the 80mm fan looks better( just my opinion)
http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Dcasole-DSC01132.JPG
http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Dcasole-DSC01133.JPG

Dave

neat job! u should try to get off the grill... just make noise for nothing... do u have a lil brother that he can put his fingers in? lol i had the same job... but i prefer to have more fresh air in my case.. and i got a 92mm fan on my sp-94 so.. a 80mm blower just in front of...i dont think it help in anyways...

for the ram issu.. im sad now.. i bought pc3500 to increase more my overclocking... anyways... i think i can reach a lil highter with that than major kingston... i got heatsink so i can increase my Vram.. hehe (want to stay in my bubble :p )

for increasing more i HOPE i can go over than 3.6 i just wait a lil.. to increase it again...in a few min :D

i already change again my capacitor.. but no better result.. but i remember u that i can overpasse fx5700 ultra in game withtout the INF driver... that is the Main point of my questions lol

frog

hi all

as u can see im at 3.7 with 1.6v(bios) Vcore! and its stable with prime95 for 12h! so i can say... its stable !!! :D do u guys always pass the prime95? or isnt important at all? i wait for my 120mm to get more than 3.7 but i think im a lil bit at the top... i want to reach the 3.9... but i think i must get highter my Vcore.... wich max Vcore i can stay to run my cpu all the time? i thing its 1.6 or 1.7 but 1.7 its a lil to hight isnt it?

Frog

Hey, congrats on the great overclock :)

To answer your question, yes... I usually try to pass Prime for 12 hrs before I consider it stable. FAH is my long term test, if it crashes after folding for a few days I usually reduce the overclock so I can fold 24/7 without any problems. That's what I consider stable.

I wouldn't recommend going past 1.63V vcore on air cooling.... some guys go higher on watercooling, but i think you're risking SNDS if you take your vcore that high. I would try reducing your vcore bit by bit to see what's the lowest vcore you can run stable at. I was able to reduce my vcore from 1.59 to 1.53 by long term testing at my oc..... if I go any higher, I have to take my vcore up to 1.63 or so.

If you want to see what you're max oc is, I'd crank it up to 1.63 or so and see how high you can go. 250 FSB is a common stopping point, so you might be able to reach that at 1.63V. Is your ram running 1:1 at this point or are you at 5:4?

hehhe

i only got pc3500 so i cant reach highter than 3.4 on 1:1.. so im at 5:4 is not That great for overclock(as u can see in my sig) but still good... its why i hope to have 3.8-3.9 in 5:4... i tried to get down my Vcore a bit but its stable for foldering and such but after 3h of prime95 i got errors so... i dont know if i must stay at 1.5875... anyways with my SP-94 i never go over 51°C...waiting for my 120mm

Frog

mtb856 said:
Hey Welcome to the Forums!!!

Okay, onto the actual questions.

The version 2.0 just means that the board has an upgraded BIOS on it, it doesn't change the layout of the board at all, so a review like this one still applies except for the problems that they had with the BIOS. The revision 2.0 probably fixed most of the problems that X-bit had with the board's BIOS.
I know this is an older thread but for future refence ...

WRONG!

you might wanna make sure what you're stating is actually true, upgraded BIOSs don't warrant a rev number change.. the rev2 board is PHYSICALLY different than the rev1 and the BIOSs aren't interchangeable

rev1
6758.jpg

rev2
6758v2.0.jpg

That was an educated ( or not depending on how you look at it) guess... I'm still learning and I don't think that I'll ever know everything... I just do the best that I can.

I guess that you were right in this case, I didn't realize the change b/c there aren't any articles that I could find on the rev. 2 that mentioned any of the changes, so I just assumed that it was a BIOS change. What you said makes sense though, it does kind of seem silly to make a rev. over just a BIOS change.

-Meatball

Last edited:
alcky, You really cannot not go by the pictures you posted either as MSI makes the exact same board in Version 1 and version 2

Your pictures are showing a

1- loaded out PFSR Version one board Serial Raid, Third IDe Channel etc)
2- A plain PFS Version two board( no third IDE channel or Raid options)

What I am saying is you can get a MSI board that looks exactly the same in either version one or two

This Naming structure that MSI has chosen has lead to some massive confusion for many people over at the MSI forum boards also

I bought my board 2nd hand and it darn near took me a week to figure out just exactly what I had :bang head

Just my two cents

Dave

Dcasole said:
alcky, You really cannot not go by the pictures you posted either as MSI makes the exact same board in Version 1 and version 2

Your pictures are showing a

1- loaded out PFSR Version one board Serial Raid, Third IDe Channel etc)
2- A plain PFS Version two board( no third IDE channel or Raid options)

What I am saying is you can get a MSI board that looks exactly the same in either version one or two

This Naming structure that MSI has chosen has lead to some massive confusion for many people over at the MSI forum boards also

I bought my board 2nd hand and it darn near took me a week to figure out just exactly what I had :bang head

Just my two cents

Dave

NOPE I KNOW the boards are PHYSICALLY different between REVs because I have spoken with MSI HQ about this way back when I was trying to research stuff for my system and trying to resolve some instability problems; I wanted them to get the newwer revision because I thought maybe the PCB traces and lay out were improved but was told that it only comes in FISR and I could get rev2 board and some money back since my original rev1 FIS2R was more expensive.. I said no because I definitely needed that secondary IDE RAID

rev1 is offered in LSR and FIS2R

LSR = 10/100 LAN, SATA RAID
FIS2R = GbE LAN, IEEE 1394, SATA(SB), Ultra/SATA RAID(Promise)

the rev2 is only offered in one flavor FISR, no IDE/SATA RAID [which is why you see that blank space on the PCB and no "2R"

the pictures above depict the differences in PCB layout between revisions... in the case of the different flavors of REV1 then you will also see missing components.. but it is the same board layout from stripped rev1 board to fully loaded rev1 board

Look I am not trying to start a war , I am only trying to explain that the naming structure that MSI is very confusing to say the least.

I am only trying to point out that MTB made an honest mistake that many others also make and he has owned up to it :thup:

but you are also wrong in your observations ........

The letter designations below signify what options the MSI boards have and have nothing to do with what PCB revison it is .
F = Gigabit LAN
I = Firewire (IEEE 1394)
S = Serial-ATA
R = IDE RAID or S-ATA RAID
2R = IDE RAID + S-ATA RAID
L = 10/1000 LAN
P = Intel Prescott processor ready
M = Micro-ATX Form Factor
V = For Value segment
G = Integrated graphics

This info is correct except it is a " LS" not an "LSR" the LS version is not avalalable with RAID.( i Know because this is my board :( )

rev1 is offered in LSR and FIS2R

LSR = 10/100 LAN, SATA RAID
FIS2R = GbE LAN, IEEE 1394, SATA(SB), Ultra/SATA RAID(Promise)

This info is wrong

the rev2 is only offered in one flavor FISR, no IDE/SATA RAID [which is why you see that blank space on the PCB and no "2R"

Revison 2 is available in other " flavors" and has nothing to do with the blanks on the board . The " FISR" in the name signifys that it has GBE lan, Serial ATA , and RAId

PCB 1 is available in a S,LS, PLS, and a FIS2R version

865PE Neo2 Series (MS-6728 PCBv1) v. 2.4 386 kb Intel AMI BIOS 9/20/2004
This BIOS is valid for 865PE Neo2-S/LS/FIS2R

PCB 2 is available in a " PS,PLS, PFSR and a PFS version

865PE Neo2 P Series (MS-6728 PCBv2) v. 3.9 389 kb Intel AMI BIOS 9/16/2004
This BIOS is valid for 865PE Neo2-PS/PLS/PFISR/PFS(Platinum Edition).

I think the MSI tech might have given you bad info as this information was taken taken right from MSI web site ( plus it helps that I am a Very active member of the MSI forums)

I hope this clears up any confusion
Just trying to help :)

Dave

Dcasole said:
Look I am not trying to start a war , I am only trying to explain that the naming structure that MSI is very confusing to say the least.

I am only trying to point out that MTB made an honest mistake that many others also make and he has owned up to it :thup:

but you are also wrong in your observations ........

The letter designations below signify what options the MSI boards have and have nothing to do with what PCB revison it is .
F = Gigabit LAN
I = Firewire (IEEE 1394)
S = Serial-ATA
R = IDE RAID or S-ATA RAID
2R = IDE RAID + S-ATA RAID
L = 10/1000 LAN
P = Intel Prescott processor ready
M = Micro-ATX Form Factor
V = For Value segment
G = Integrated graphics

This info is correct except it is a " LS" not an "LSR" the LS version is not avalalable with RAID.( i Know because this is my board :( )

This info is wrong

Revison 2 is available in other " flavors" and has nothing to do with the blanks on the board . The " FISR" in the name signifys that it has GBE lan, Serial ATA , and RAId

PCB 1 is available in a S,LS, PLS, and a FIS2R version

PCB 2 is available in a " PS,PLS, PFSR and a PFS version

I think the MSI tech might have given you bad info as this information was taken taken right from MSI web site ( plus it helps that I am a Very active member of the MSI forums)

I hope this clears up any confusion
Just trying to help :)

Dave
:ugh: STOP trying to 'be right' because you're just looking like a complete no0b

your info is right on the money ONLY

we're talking about 875 mobos not 865

or did that 'small' detail escape you?

Back