Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

:( lost 700 post

someone took 700 post from me, accusing me of spaming ,

Just Freeze It
    10 Year Badge
    Was it a mod? I'd bet it was.

In which case, you probably shouldn't be posting this here.

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster© Silversinksam's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    It wasn't me, but since I feel for you I gave you a new Forum rank

(If you don't like it shoot me a PM and I'll gladly change it back)
    -15 May 2012: On Hiatus helping bees and the planet at the moment

-You have over 101 signatures and Can't see the classifieds??? Click this link.

My Heatware

Heatware Profile
    nice. Now how can I get a cool rank like that?

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster© Silversinksam's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by dicecca112
    nice. Now how can I get a cool rank like that?
    ...Start Spamming?
    -15 May 2012: On Hiatus helping bees and the planet at the moment

-You have over 101 signatures and Can't see the classifieds??? Click this link.

My Heatware

nah, thats a stupid reason! spamming only lets you be away from us , ie a vacation! plus spamming is stupid it just makes you not cool lol.

Immutable
    Administrator
    10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile

:( lost 700 post

Quote Originally Posted by hatkeeper
    someone took 700 post from me, accusing me of spaming ,
    Now, ya can't have it both ways........either ya lost'em or somebody took'em.
    Abjure obfuscation

Heatware Profile
    nah never spam. I am trying very hard to get my 1001 post so I can get my 7th star.

post count doesnt matter , i dont know why people care! Post like you normaly do , its not like u get $10 per post lol. Just have fun and enjoy the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by SK8
    post count doesnt matter , i dont know why people care! Post like you normaly do , its not like u get $10 per post lol. Just have fun and enjoy the forums!
    Agreed, but you have to admit that the thought of increasing post count does occasionally enter the back of your mind while posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan
    Agreed, but you have to admit that the thought of increasing post count does occasionally enter the back of your mind while posting.
    In my case it most definitely does. However, I don't think there's a point in posting if you're not trying to help someone, and not trying your best to help them.

Eventually you reach a point where you don't even think about post count. I think it happens at about 1500 for most people.
    Forum Moderator

i dont think i spam personally,

i just create 5 to 6 thread in general discuission, u guys could see, thelemac lock them all saying i was spaming.

i think each topic are well thought topic, and shouldn't deserve this kind of punishment,

and plus, u cant really spam, there is a 30second control.

the only reason i post that many, was b/c i had nothing to do, at a library

i dont know about you, but 700 post took me along time to get it..., as you can see my join date is AUG 2002
    Last edited by hatkeeper; 08-02-04 at 11:17 AM.

Forums Super Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile
    First of all, any post count over about 200 doesnt really matter because then AFAIK you get into all the public forums by then, plus GD and Classifieds.

There isnt a secret room for people with 3000+ postcounts or anything

Secondly, the definition of spam can be quite difficult to pin down precisely, and as such is at the discretion of a moderator. Moderators are there to use their judgement and are Moderators because the staff trust in their judgement.

I don't really look at stars myself. If a member has less than 3 stars I tend to be a bit more verbose in answering threads and post a little welcome. Over that, postcount doesnt make a blind bit of difference to me, I will answer the thread just the same. Many people show themselves to be excellent, polite and knowledgable members within their first few hundred posts. Others can have 4 figure postcounts and still be irritating.

You are not your postcount, and as such it is mostly irrelevant. Hence why Skip removed it from display under your name, many many many months ago.
    David J. Nelson MChem(Edin) PhD(Strath) MRSC [ResearcherID: D-3927-2011] [Google Scholar]
    OC Forums Super Moderator // Overclockers.com Editor

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
    The Home Machine: AMD Llano A6-3650 APU / 8 GB DDR3 / Lots of HDDs / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
    The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7 [ Untouched for well over a year ]

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.

Oni-ni-Kanabō
    Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
    10 Year Badge
    Have you checked between the couch cushons? I always loose stuff in there
    Mama, put my guns in the ground. I can't shoot them anymore.

On Indefinite Hiatus

Asus P6T SE
    Intel i7 930 @ Stock
    12GB Corsair DDR3 9-9-9-24
    XFX Radeon 5830 @ Stock
    Corsair 750 Watt PSU

Yeah, and that thought actually stops many of my immediate off-the-cuff replies. I want my posts to actually mean something, so I try very hard to avoid the
    "yeah"
    "alright"
    type of posts. Hence my low count inspite of two years of lurking....er...I mean participating
    Respect always the pathways that others follow in their spiritual journey. --DWolf
    Patience is the willingness to review and revise your expectations. --DWolf (At least I don't think I've ever seen it elsewhere)
    "Science has sometimes been said to be opposed to faith, and inconsistent with it. But all science, in fact, rests on a basis of faith, for it assumes the permanence and uniformity of natural laws - a thing which can never be demonstrated." --Tyron Edwards

Don't know where to start? Try the forums search function, or just PM me and I'll help or find who can :D.
    Has someone helped above and beyond? Post a Thank You
    here
    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD x64 4800+, 4G Corsair 3500, 2X BFG7800 in SLI mode, 2X 24" Dell flatpanels, Audigy 2zs platinum, & enough fans to hover the space shuttle:)

Have you checked between the couch cushons? I always loose stuff in there
    lol

wow, congrat oni, u have became a moderator.
    Last edited by hatkeeper; 08-02-04 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silversinksam
    ...Start Spamming?

Is that all it takes??? Well, now off to a thread for me... hehe

(not really)

Quote Originally Posted by Ridenow
    Eventually you reach a point where you don't even think about post count. I think it happens at about 1500 for most people.
    Well, for those of you who know me I used to kinda spam, but I made it close to 3000 ish before I gave up. Now, I am way past that and past 1500, I still think about it becuase the joy of gaining a star still is here . The next one for me will be all whites, but I estimate at this rate probably in about 7 years I will make it. Oh well..who cares....not me so much anymore. But, most people have blues at 1500 or so, so I guess since they have all the stars they could get they dont think about it?

For me origionally it was seeing another star up there, that was before the new post count restricted forums. Now other than the sheer joy of gaining stars for the easiliy amused, after 250 posts, it should not matter in terms of your forum access abilities becuase after 250 you have access to all of the post count restricted forums.

And some of my favorite quotes from this thread that pretty much say what I wanted to say next...easier to copy paste.

Quote Originally Posted by SK8
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical
    In my case it most definitely does. However, I don't think there's a point in posting if you're not trying to help someone, and not trying your best to help them.
    Current System:
    XP 1700+ DLT3C 0310 XPMW 185X13.5 = 2.5GHz 1.875Vcore
    Thermalright SLK-900A
    Abit KD7 Via KT400 5:2:1 divider PCI: 37Mhz AGP:92.5Mhz
    3X256+512=1278MB RAM assortment 185Mhz 2.95Vdimm
    ATi Radeon X700 Pro 256mb Core:435Mhz Ram: 475Mhz
    Forton 400 watt PSU
    Black Cheiftec Dragon full side window

Folding User Stats

Quote Originally Posted by hatkeeper

i dont know about you, but 700 post took me along time to get it..., as you can see my join date is AUG 2002
    I'm sort of the same, I joined in Dec 2002, and have around 830. However, I didn't seriously start posting until around May-June 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical
    Agree completely. I've killed at least 50-100 potential posts when I felt it didn't contribute to the thread well enough.
    Last edited by Aslan; 08-02-04 at 04:29 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast