• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd64 2800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Further, from Buhammot's result

HTT = 280.8 MHz
CPU = 2527 MHz
memory = 187 MHz

memory_HTT_ratio = 187 / 280.8 = 0.666
memory_divider = 2527 / 187 = 13.51

So 1/2 multiplier for memory_divider is working.

I have also seen 1/2 multiplier is working for CPU_multiplier.

Much of the time, unless posted in a screenie, i am guessing what the memory speed is... But generally i run the mem at (CPU Clock)/11. Since the memory controller is integrated, it takes the cpu clock as the reference speed, and uses a divider by that speed, rather than the PLL generator's frequency. So all A64 users will notice the ratio as in CPUZ will be CPU/11 or what ever the divider may be.

Buhammot said:
Much of the time, unless posted in a screenie, i am guessing what the memory speed is... But generally i run the mem at (CPU Clock)/11. Since the memory controller is integrated, it takes the cpu clock as the reference speed, and uses a divider by that speed, rather than the PLL generator's frequency. So all A64 users will notice the ratio as in CPUZ will be CPU/11 or what ever the divider may be.

You should also run and post a Sandra memory bandwidth and it will tell you what exactly the memory speed is, as well as efficiency to indicate the effectiveness of the memory timing and command rate.

For
CPU_multiplier = 9
memory_FSB_ratio = 5:6 (166:200)
memory_dividier = 11

CPU_multiplier = 9
memory_FSB_ratio = 2:3 (133:200)
memory_dividier = 14 (if rounding to integer)
memory_dividier = 13.5 (if rounding to 1/2 allowed)

Back