• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't OC my Geforce 6800 GT. HELP PLEASE.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AntonioBanderas

Disabled
I cannot Overclock my Geforce 6800 GT at all. The clock speeds will register but when I run some games it looks like dog ****. Not artifacts, it just looks like a blurry picture smeared with *** juice.

It is an EVGA card and I could OC the speeds very high but the blurs are ridiculous. Only game I didn't notice blurs in was Doom 3.

I was also unable to OC with my Geforce 5600 Ultra before. My system specs are an Epox 8k3DAJ mobo, 1 GB GEIL Value RAM, Geforce 6800 GT, and a Clawhammer Athlon 64 3200+. HELP PLEASE.

I'm wondering two things...
what's your PSU rails like at idle and at CPU full load, and what is your case cooling like.

do you have a SFF case?....heat
or poor PSU...not enough juice

let us know.

mica

530 watt sparkle PSU, Super Lanboy with 2 120mm fans, and Zalman CNPS 7000 CPU fan. System temp is like 28 idle and cpu temp is like 30 idle most of the time.

hmmm, first off this belongs in the Nvidia section, but oh well , just remeber next time

oh yeah welcome to the forums!

ok, well what are yu using to OC it?

a

don't bother, figured it out, I'm a dumbass. I made it high performance instead of best image quality by accident instead. Sorry for the trouble.

actually you should set it at quality, enable advance options, and turn AA and AF optimization on, you can't tell the difference unless you really look hard, it gives a huge increase in fps in some games versus running at high quality with optimizations off

Back