• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolBits problem with 61.77?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShortCircuit2

Registered
I recently downloaded the coolbits registry thing to enable the overclocking panel in the nvidia control panel. Whenever I apply any settings, it rarely saves them after i exit out of the CP, and never saves them after a restart. Basically, it's broken. So is there a fix for this, and if not, what are some other programs that can be used to overclock a 6800GT. Thanks.

Works fine for me. However, I do remember times when it didn't. Try disabling overclocking, apply it, then re-enable overclocking. Now this time, after setting your desired speeds, don't click anything else except for the "ok" or "apply" button. If you see the warning window about overclocking come up, it'll save the settings, if you don't see it, your speeds will not be saved. I've noticed that if you click other parts of the video settings after setting your clockspeeds and trying to apply it, the warning windows does not come up. I'm not 100% sure on this but everytime I set my speeds now, I immediately click apply and haven't had any problems as I did before.

i am trying to use riva tuner. the clock settings are greyed out? am using power strip as a temporary alternative and its working ok.

J.

Back