• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 NU modded into GT <SOFTWARE> (12 -> 16 pipelines)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fafnir

their is sucess is our failure as they were the first to complete this mod on SOFTWARE

even with all the bios modification tools and all the time and effort put in by extremetheme and the others, they've beat us

BUT HERE IT IS:

(will update with both download links and instructions)

Attachments

• Impossible.png
    Impossible.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 660
What are you talking about? I'm guessing that some other overclocking/computer enthusaist forum beat us to get the 6800 -> 6800GT pipemod first?

I thought you had to do a hardware mod to open up the extra pipes? It just doesn't seem right a soft mod would be able to do this. It might be able to spoof the OS and other software into thinking it was on 16 pipes but will still be on 12 pipes via hardware.

You never know though. Maybe nV only locked it out through software. I feel sorry for them if they did.

I look foward to your follow up post on instructions. :thup:

Fragmaster said:
That doesn't help the fact the regular 6800 has no GDDR3 RAM and is rated at 700mhz, does it?

Thats a very valid point. Eventho it softmods fine, it still cant do stock GT or Ultra speeds.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET, i absolutely CAN'T wait to try this on my eVGA 6800NU. I'm all giddy just thinking about it. If this works i'll give someone a kiss i swear it!

J.

Nebulous said:
Am I missing something here? :confused:

Dunno whats there to miss. Someone is claiming to have succesfully opened up the 4 disabled pipelines on the 6800NU using only a softmod.

J.

the chaintech 6800nu uses 2.2ns DDR so it might have a shot at hititng 1ghz with some ram sinks.

358/1000 is over GT speeds :D

i was nothing short of stumped when i first saw this, all the time i've ever poured into trying to mod a bios that wouldn't slow down the ram but still open the other 4 pipelines

and not to mention that the xbitlabs article about hard flashing the bios was full of sh|t, it was just maybe a few of us over at the xtremesystems.org trying this out

and then it hit me:

Attachments

• NO.png
    NO.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 646
expect a release of rivatuner within a week or so to include the options in the above picture, and a following release of it with ram timings

and don't worry about the 700mhz ram, cause all evidence points to that even with the crippled 128mb of ram only at 700mhz,

10,000 3dmarks is the resonable estimate

i'm still working on a download link for this, so hold on

oh yeah, and apparently it also applies to x800 users

_

3dmark doesn't mean much though, because its run w/o AA and AF. which is where the bandwidth would be needed.

I agree about the memory, but I still think a full 16 pipes would add a great deal of value to these cards. I have had all 3 NV cards and the NU is by far the best value for the money, and even more so if the other 4 pipes can be enabled.

Any idea how far along this is? I wouldnt mind beta testing :p

Nandro said:
I agree about the memory, but I still think a full 16 pipes would add a great deal of value to these cards. I have had all 3 NV cards and the NU is by far the best value for the money, and even more so if the other 4 pipes can be enabled.

Any idea how far along this is? I wouldnt mind beta testing :p

well theres no question it would add value. it would help most in shader heavy games.

MAN!!!! That will be sweet. I may even sell my GT and get another NU. Only reason is that my NU plays everything out now as well as I really need it to, and with 16 pipes it would probably be even better. If I can get a NU and save some more money I will be in a better position when the next refresh comes around. Will have to see how it performs when this is available.

Back