• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new machines

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuKE

ok guys, my two tired systems died over the weekend. i have a small amount of money( like less then $350). I'll finally be getting a crap job soon, just need some more money. I need some help spending this money wisely. thinking about just start buying a couple cpus, i have one good case(crap psu). so that's where i'm starting from. not a big start but hey at least it's a start.

I would go for an Epox 8K7A, and some low end tbirds. DDR is pretty cheap, so just get some pc2100 from crucial - maybe 64 megs per machine if you're running 98. You don't even need cases - I'm serious, just mount the boards on a piece of plywood. Might sound funny but it works. ATI rage pci 8 meg is the cheapest vid card I've seen that overclocks well too. That should get you going pretty cheap.

is there ne way i could remotely admin these machines besides moving the monitor cable around to each machine. oh and the only problem with setup would be space and the fact that i have kids running around all day long. unless i setup a hot wire around the board. lol, those would be some funny pics. j/k

Yeah use VNC to remote admin - provided each has a nic. VNC is like a kvm switch over the network - awesome.

VNC is awsome!! Ive used it to run my home computers from work..hehe
There are a few companys that make VNC's I reconmend doing a google search for VNC.

Back