• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laggy Leadtek A310 FX5600 Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

burt_go

Registered
Hi folks.

I am quite unsatisfied of my Leadtek A310 FX5600 Ultra performances since I began to run Doom 3 (oh yeah baby!). I am unable to push graphics quality as high as I would like to. I'm stuck at a crappy 800x600 resolution at low quality setting to avoid any lag during game.

I don't know if I can trust the T° sensor located in the GPU. 78°C Idle even with a slot fan just under it. Take note that I had to turn the fan upside down in order to make the air flow from the top to the bottom. I scored around 21 000 in Aquamark, so It should not be that laggy :bang head

I'd like to compare my T° readings with some1 plz.

thx.

You're very lucky to be able to run the game at 800x600. Doom 3 is very graphics and memory intensive. On my 9800 XT, P4 @ 3.2, and 2GB of RAM I'm able to run it at 1024x768 w/ 4xAA and 8xAF on full game settings at just over 30fps. You shouldn't expect anymore than 800x600. My friend has a has a tough time running at 800x600 on high game quality and 4xAA and 8xAF with his 9700 Pro, 3GHz "presshot" and 1GB of RAM.

That temp sensor also sounds off. It would be hard to get a 5600 to 78 C. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to turn the fan the right way again.

Last edited:
Lets try a mod solution...

Quite the same performance after upgrading to DirectX 9C and to the latest nvidia driver. I am about to add a 80mm fan in the acrylic window next to the GPU. Lets see if it improves the thing...

I have a 5600 buy don't use AquaMark, I'll DL it tonight to use as a comparison against your score of 21000. Debatable as to if my rig is faster than yours or not, depends on if you believe in PR ratings or not.What's your card clocked at? Mine is at 325/525.

stock clocks: 351/702

haven't oc yet because it seems like my T° sensor is ****ed up. what is your idle T° ??????

mine is 74°C which has no sense.

oh, by the way, after modding my side pannel by adding a 80mm fan next to the gpu, I gained a ~5°C cooldown.

well I can't say I have a T° sensor.... it seems all ****ed up!

Back