• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my NF7-S crazy, or is everything just reporting it wrong...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Hey guys, i have been gone for a while and I recently decided to get back into overclocking again.
Anyway, a slew of problems came to my attention when I was OCing my (older now) rig last night.
First off, these are my specs:

Athlon XP 2100+ Tbred B ( I used to run it at 2.1-2.3 ghz)
512mb Corsair XMS 3200
Abit NF7-S Rev 1.2
Albatron Ultra(Or whatever it is called) ti4200 (I get it to 280:650 or so)
40gb HDD

Now, I when I boot up my PC I get an error saying that my CPU modified or unoperable or something along those lines- Press F1 to Continue, DEL to enter setup.
That same screen says that it is a 1300mhz CPU, meaning that it is booting it at 100FSB
Now, the problem is, I cannot change it. I mean, it changes in the BIOS and says it did, but the boot up and WCPUD say tha tit s still at 100FSB.
I do remember the board having some sort of fail safe for overclocking.
Whenever I do something in the bios, and save, I have to reset the comp before it will load.
Is there something specific I am supposed to do to make these settings stick? The weird part is that it says in the BIOS that it is still whatever I set it at...
Is it time for a BIOS flash? I haven't done on ein ages, but I have never had thes eproblems before...
Thanks!

Oh yeah, it works fine when I switch it to run at 2100+ specs (meaning, I change it from "User defined" to "2100+")

Back