• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antialiasing/Anisotropic filtering in Halo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Is there anyway to use it in Halo? Whenever I start Halo with it on it tells me to change it to spplication controlled. I do, but It doesnt seem like I cna turn it on in Halo...
Any tips?
Thanks!

Yeah I've heard that from more than one person. That does stink. All newer games incorporate it. I guess M$ wasn't thinking right. Nothing new there lol.

Just because it isn't recomended doesn't mean you can do it.

Have you downloaded any patches?

It would be pretty lame of them to disable it when every other game uses it.

Maybe re-install.

Halo does not support AA or Ansiotropic in any way shape or form. Microsoft doesn't reccomend you turn them on because performance will suffer greatly. Yes the game does look bad without it. No patch will solve it that I know of, nor will HaloCE. You're out of luck, as am I.

Edit:
I guess M$ wasn't thinking right.

Microsoft didn't port Halo over to PC. Gearbox did. And yes, they did a god awful job. Crappy performance, horrible netcode. Why did you ruin an awesome game Gearbox?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Actually, it is working perfectly with it now :)

I just upgraded to the latest drivers and after a hwile it just started to work :)

Thats pretty cool.

Anyone ever notice, that sometimes when you are working your butt off to make something work it never happens, but then magically (usually after doing something you've tried 10 times before) the problem solves itself?

TheFrag said:
Actually, it is working perfectly with it now :)

I just upgraded to the latest drivers and after a hwile it just started to work :)

What video card and drivers?

OC Noob said:
Thats pretty cool.

Anyone ever notice, that sometimes when you are working your butt off to make something work it never happens, but then magically (usually after doing something you've tried 10 times before) the problem solves itself?
Yep... I always find it wierd.

Zim: I jsut went to Nvidia.com and downloaded the latest drivers. I am running a ti4200 with a high OC.

Halo does support AF... I can run Halo fine w/ 16x AF @ 1280x1024... and on certain maps @ 1600x1200. FSAA is unsupported though, and will probably not work that well... or at least, you can force it, but Halo doesn't seem to like it.

Back