• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help fast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNewGuy143

Hi, I received an amd64 combo yesterday, i installed it today. I just finished i plug everything in, push the power button it starts, im happy looks like i dont have any problem. No video. My monitor says no signal or cable not connected the cable is connected. I can hear everythig start in the computer(fans hard drive even the video card fan) but I get no screen. My hardware:
asus k8v se deluxe
amd64 3200+
crucial pc2700
gf4 ti4400

Pleaz help me guys
Thank you

First thing I would do after I make sure that I have good connection on the vidcard in the slot, which Im sure you have already done. I would clear the CMOS and try and boot. I see this a lot when I OC to far out of spec on the memory or someting. So its possible that you have some settings held that your components cant handle.

I checked for the connection, but a question I have: is the agp lock ,that keeps the card from getting out of the slot, suppose to lock alone when putting the card in because i have to do it manually, ive already tried to clear cmos but ive not removed the battery like they ssay in the user guide, ill try that.

If you are talking about that little pain in the but tab that has a little barrel shaped retainer pin that locks into the l shaped end of the AGP card, then those things are sometimes hard or easy to manipulate. Usually you bend them down with a finger when you push the card in and release it when the card is in. If you look at the connection of the card in the slot it is pretty stright forward that it is in or not. It should be well seated and the amount of copper connection showing, if any should be uniform along the inside edge of the connection plug. Put a little pressure on it and if it pushes in, kinda snaps in, it was probly not well connected. If you can just pull it out without depressing that locking tang for the card then it was not seated in the lock correctly.

Everything about the video card is ok because I get no beeps or anything and I checked the connection anyway. Ill try and reseat the cpu. I hope the video card didnt crap out on me.
TheNewGuy

If the card is seated and the cmos clearind dosent help then you can start on the basic new system wont boot stuff, its basically

Check all connections, plugs, cables, memory and cpu seats

Look for loose/misplaced screws that are shorting to ground

Go down to one stick of memory, CPU with HSF, vid card , PSU and try a boot (NO floppy, HD, audio, etc)

In your case rule out the vid card and monitor as the problem

Then start looking at other components that appear to not be related to your problem but can effect booting, PSU, memory, MB

Back