• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trying to get my cpu at stock speed but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNewGuy143

It starts at 800mhz and if I try to put it at any other speed not even overlocked, when it restarts i get long beep every 5seconds. I use the memory in my sig with dfii infinity and xp-mobile 2600+
TheNewGuy

I found out it happens whenever I change memory settings i dont know why. I tried to put the timings a bit looser and after i saved i got the same beeps. Another question I have i started the install of winxp and after formatting and copying the files it restarts but it wont boot from the hard drive.
TheNewGuy

I found out it happens whenever I change memory settings i dont know why. I tried to put the timings a bit looser and after i saved i got the same beeps.

What bios are you on? Also, how loose? Some boards don't like cas3 with certain memory & such......many possibilities.

Another question I have i started the install of winxp and after formatting and copying the files it restarts but it wont boot from the hard drive.

Like Oni said, what is primary boot device. Should be hdd-0. You may want to head over to www.dfi-street.com/forum/ & search around there. There has been known problems with some hard drives.

Last edited:
Back