• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why isn't coolbits saving my OC??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

I set my speeds to 522/1.01ghz, but after i reboot it sets the memory back to 950mhz. The core will keep the OC but the memory won't. I hit apply and OK, but for some reason it won't save it.. help plz =)

there is a setting in coolbits that says save be settings upon restart or something to that effect. It's a simple check box.

dicecca112 said:
there is a setting in coolbits that says save be settings upon restart or something to that effect. It's a simple check box.

hehe yeah i have that box checked off lol. I am using 61.77 drivers atm. Is there a newer verson of coolbits? if so how do i get it? i thought it was built into nvidia drivers...

stang8118 said:
hehe yeah i have that box checked off lol. I am using 61.77 drivers atm. Is there a newer verson of coolbits? if so how do i get it? i thought it was built into nvidia drivers...

Yeah, it is built into the drivers. That's why I asked if you were using the latest. It seems you are though, so I'm stumped. : /

Well i just found away to unlock Coolbits 2. Did a google search for it and it seemed to give me alot more menus. Seemed to of fixed it =)

So the 61.77 driver scome with coolbits 2.0? Hmmmmm, not if you download it I think. If you get coolbits 2.0 I thik they fixed that (Used to happpen with me too on regular coolbits).

EDIT: never mind.

Last edited:
stang8118 said:
Well i just found away to unlock Coolbits 2. Did a google search for it and it seemed to give me alot more menus. Seemed to of fixed it =)

Lol I have had Coolbits 2 for a long time... and it still doesn't fix that problem, even with latest drivers.

Maybe this is a problem with 6800's that neither coolbits will fix? Thats probably it. My card used to not save the memory, but now it is good, using coolbits 2.0..... strage....

Back