• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG 6800 GT OC vs non-OC 6800 GTs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kibo-kun

Can someone tell me (or link to something that does) how much the BFG OC card actually performs above, say, an eVGA 6800 GT? I've seen many reviews of cards that OC decently and only give 1-3 more FPS. :bang head I'm wondering if this is the case with the BFG.

Well the BFG GT-OC probably won't add more than 5-10fps or so over a eVGA.. But the difference is, the BFG warranty and service blows away eVGA, and BFG claims to use better components and chips.

That claim seems true.. I purchased a eVGA 6800GT, and it would only overclock to 415/1100... I returned it, got a BFG6800GT-OC and it overclocked to 428/1180... That tells me the BFG probably has better chips - and obviously has a better cooling layout.

According to this picture, the stock BFG6800GT nearly performs the same as the eVGA 6800ULTRA.. Only 4 FPS less.. Guess that answers your question. :clap:

uhno.JPG

Ahh! Thankies! That's just what I was looking for. :D I guess I'll get a BFG....whenever they have them in stock anywhere. lol, about the cooling, you were the one that had the pic of that massive silver cooler with 2 fans and a heatpipe....nice. XD

Back