• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling K7D Master ~ Which pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IFMU

The Xtreme Senior Nobody
Welp, the title pretty much covers what I am interested in finding out. What pump would be best for this board?
I was originally thinking of going side by side (split the line and rejoin), but after a bit of reading, think I will be going with one after the other. Odds are it shouldnt effect the temps too much.
The blocks are Maze 3's. Good sized heater core, will be putting a shroud on with more than likely a 120 fan, possibly a few 80's in a square figure. Yes the core is large enough to have them sit side by side and an identical set on top of the other.
1/2" ID tubing.
The only question I am pretty unsure of, is which pump would be the best for this?
There will be minimal lift worries in this setup. I have a huge case, 3 foot tall one, the core and pump will be on the top leading down to the blocks which will be within a foots distance down and back up.

I can not say enough about the MCP600..Not only is it extreamly powerfull(I cool 2 proessors and have 8 feet of tubing) But it is compact, 12v ,Quiet,And adds almost no additional heat to the loop.

SO if you want a great pump I would say spring for this one and as far as I am concerned you will have the best pump out there.............

I'm with diehrd on this one. I'd also recommend the Hydor L35 or a Mag 3 for that setup. The mag 3 is not quiet, but has plenty of power. The hydor is small & silent just like the MCP600.

I currently only have one out of the two processors cooled in my dually rig. I'm using a Eheim 1250. The pump hardly pushes water, but this doesn't seem to effect the temps. I also have a small radiator & many constrictive reducers, all seems to work ok.

the mag3 is an ok pump if you seal the housing and also make sure to use plastic fittings and not brass so as not to crack the housing and not over tightening either. I ran this pump in my single P4 and it provides good flow. I just wanted to mention about the possibility of the pump housing cracking if you do use brass fittings instead of plastic.

the mag3 is an ok pump if you seal the housing and also make sure to use plastic fittings and not brass so as not to crack the housing and not over tightening either. I ran this pump in my single P4 and it provides good flow. I just wanted to mention about the possibility of the pump housing cracking if you do use brass fittings instead of plastic.

That is definately a valid concern. I was going to post that actually but figuring IFMU has ****** blue stars, I figured he was familiar with the search function.

I have a mag3 laying around that is cracked & was over tightened using brass fittings. Need less to say it is slightly cracked on the intake & has not been used since. Maybe I'll give it away on ocforums for cost of shipping. :D

I've used an Ehiem 1048, Quiet One 1200, and Mag 3 on my AMD dually at one time or the other. All of them worked fine (a couple of them are for sale.) I usually go through a splitter, before the CPU's, then rejoin, but this is probably overkill. The quietest of those pumps was the Eheim. I wish I hadn't sold it.

Only pumps i've used are Eheims. On the main I've got an Eheim 1250 using 2 "Y" splitters since i have a Cpu & Gpu blocks. I'm not thrilled about a pump running off my 12v psu line, and i'm not gonna waste money buying a secondary psu just for the pump. I'm gonna be watercooling my dualie and the Eheim pump has proved itself to be the best for a decent price. if I had the money i would get an iwaki.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Going to have to look around and see what I can find for decent to good pricing. I've already spent to much on this so it might be delayed a bit unless I can find a killer deal on a pump. lol
Starting to remember why I got out of it the last time around. LoL

it will depend on what heater core or radiator you use for pump as well. i have the mcp600 and am not impressed. the mag 3 i have is stronger than this one and i feel better suited for a dual amd.
with that stated i will be selling watercooling parts in the for sale section once i have everything refitted

Jen

Back