• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need software that will span a long speech over CD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MLMIB

basically, there is the planning board at my township, they want to be able to listen to the recorded meetings, we can get them to the comp fine, but the person who does all of this needs software that will span the meetings across cds that can be listened to in cd players, and do it automatically. any idea's?

many thanks

MLMIB said:
any idea's?

nope, I've never heard of this before. WinZip will span across discs, but if you need to play it in a regular player, that's no good.

Can you not just cut the files with SoundForge (or whatever) and burn the discs from the new, smaller files. You shouldn't really have been recording chunks much longer than a couple of hours anyway.

well they just record the meeting, which can be up to 4 hours, but I'll look into this soundforge. it's just that the person doing this isn't the most computer savy.

get goldwave. been using it for years and its one of my best investments. it will let you cut the 4hrs into however many tracks you want (ie 4x1hr tracks). then you can put them on 4 cds or whatever else you want to do with it. program does a lot of other things as well but for your needs it's what i would recommend.

Back