• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

who here volt mods?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
w00t, i did the dirty punk 3.3v sense mod, and it works, im at 3.4vdimm

scooter787b-34.JPG

have yet to oc

i need like 4 hands, try to use tape, hold the solder, soldering iron, and the wire :s but all is well, hopefully the vtt mod wont be needed :p

that would be great.....

it all depends on your BH-6. mine wont do past 235w/o vtt mod(i tested today).....

but i have heard of 250+ w/ bh-5/6 w/o the Vtt mod, but its not all that common...(but still possible)...

well im at 225 with 2-2-2-11, but with a 11 multi i wasnt prime stable :-/ but was with 10.5 , i used to be....... maybe just bad multiplier synching, could try 11.5 and see what happens :p and i have a 'real' vcore of 1.93-1.92 since it undervolts from 1.95

scooter787b said:
well im at 225 with 2-2-2-11, but with a 11 multi i wasnt prime stable :-/ but was with 10.5 , i used to be....... maybe just bad multiplier synching, could try 11.5 and see what happens :p and i have a 'real' vcore of 1.93-1.92 since it undervolts from 1.95

hummmm.... afew have seen that w/ vdimm mod, that is Vtt isnt set to half of Vdimm then it was terribly unstable, also after dirty punk mod, try the first ramslot.....

o yea forgot to change slots, lol, heres some info i got from i being in slot 2 along with other stuff:

scooter787b: interesting
scooter787b: 11.5x225
scooter787b: =
******: stable?
scooter787b: no
scooter787b: i got
scooter787b: a
scooter787b: black screen then after restart i got a black screen with underline thingy blinking in corner, with a blue line at bottom of screen
scooter787b: so i flip my psu off
scooter787b: tried 230x20.5
scooter787b: er
scooter787b: 10.5
scooter787b: i think i got into windows
scooter787b: tried the prime bench
scooter787b: did most of it then, it went black with 2 tone siren

slot 3 sorta helped, but it still gives the 2 tone siren if 225x11 a try prime, or i get bsod sometimes

i got mosfets sinks on the way tho :beer:

have you looked at this

also measure vdimm with Windond Hardware moniter 1.6 or higher, found here

although it is supid and calls vdimm "VCC"....i have know idea why though.....

yea i see my vdimm in mbm and that, its the same, i might just break down and do the vtt mod when i can find a voltmeter, im gonna try the thermal sensor thing aswell

k lifting the sensor up abit works!!! im prime stable at 227x11 at 2-2-2-6 timings, but while priming it got up to 61c and i stopped it, but this was with a vcore of 2v in bios, but it ran 1.95-19.7 actual, id like to get a mobile, but id also like to save money for a amd64 939 rig, anyone interested in a unlockable 2400?? i could use better cooling, a friend offered me his vapochill se for $275, cept it fits the 478 socket, id have to buy a $50 kit to make it work with amd socket A, so total would be $325, choices choices

and my vcore mosfets are burning up :p the mosfet sinks should be here wednesday

glad to heard the Sensor move worked for you, also just for testing, try droping multi to 10x, and testing for max FSB.....

this way you remove the variable of your CPU....

Usually my processor runs below 2 GHz when I FSB test. I slap the multi to 8 or so, and bump up the vcore to about 1.65 on my AXP 1800. Once I find the max FSB I'll bump up the multi and voltage to find the max clock.

BTW, congrats on the vdimm mod. :beer:

Oh yeah, I'm still waiting on my AS adhesive to arrive so I have to wait to give results of my vtt mod. I'm not running that vtt fet un-sinked.

ZachM said:
Oh yeah, I'm still waiting on my AS adhesive to arrive so I have to wait to give results of my vtt mod. I'm not running that vtt fet un-sinked.

smart man...

possibly what do the top of your mosfets look like?
they are usually one of two things

1. 3 of them have small round circles and no noticable text, and the other three have 2-3 lines of very small text OR

2. All mosfets are clearly marked w/ "made in China"

, but really just for testing for max stable FSB you should always lower multi, just to eliminate variables.......

as i can tell, the ones closet to the cpu have one circle in the middle, while one farthest from cpu have writing on them, gonna try clocking again, brb :p

scooter787b said:
as i can tell, the ones closet to the cpu have one circle in the middle, while one farthest from cpu have writing on them, gonna try clocking again, brb :p

ok usually these dont have a drastic benafit from sinking, but it doesnt hurt, they run very hot, but they tend to emit more heat on the bottom(the PCB side) and usually they see more benifit from a fan blowing overthem, cooling the PCB below them, and thus cooling them:)

so i could like put a 40mm fan blowing from the top of the board down on them?? btw i got it going at 235fsb stable 2-2-2-6, with a multi of 9, at 240 unreal tournament 2003 would 'soft' lock, it would freeze the mouse and keyboard while choosing levels and such, but the toolbars and such that flash kept flashing :-/

increased voltage to vcore didnt help, so maybe vtt mod is needed, i got sinks coming anyway, might get a cheap fan too

btw at 238 fsb i ran memtest, and all was good till it got to test 7 and i got about 13 errors :eek:

Back