• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my card dying?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoobInside

After playing this unreal tournament 2004 mod called frag ops for awhile (sometimes happens after 10 mins, sometimes after 40 mins), the screen will just go blank and my monitor led will go orange like the computer is off, then i have to manually reset the comp. i tried reverting back to older drivers and stuff but still keeps happening. i dont think it would be overheating, i dont see any artifacts or anything, and its not that hot to the touch. arghh, oh well this ti4200 has served me for a long time, but it still plays my fav games quite well.. :bang head

Would you have a different monitor to try or a different card to try?

I've had a monitor go bad where it got the orange light but would never recognize the signal from the computer.

DWolf:cool:

CS runs fine, and unreal tounament 2004 regular ran fine for an hour without doing it..didn't have a chance to test it for longer yet

Do you have any graphics intensive benchmarking programs? If not you can find some at either Guru32.com or here .

Try running a graphics benchmarker which will stress the card and let you know whether it's the card or that the frag ops files have somehow become corrupted causing a crash.

dying card

My Pny Ti4200 did kinda the same thing but it just stopped playing anything in 3d, it looked like a couple of the capacitors (look like mini batteries) on the brd where burned. Nvidea has a great lifetime return policy, got a new one back within a week!

jsmcbn said:
My Pny Ti4200 did kinda the same thing but it just stopped playing anything in 3d, it looked like a couple of the capacitors (look like mini batteries) on the brd where burned. Nvidea has a great lifetime return policy, got a new one back within a week!

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!

Was it nVidia or PNY with that warranty?

Back