• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocabiltiy of a Intel Pentium M 745 1.8 GHz, 400MHz FSB, on-die 2MB L2 Cache

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wfarid

Model# BXM80536GC1800F
Item # N82E16819111160
Specifications:
Model: Intel Pentium M
Core: Dothan
Operating Frequency: 1.8GHz
FSB: 400MHz
Cache: L1/32K+32K; L2/ 2MB
Voltage: 0.956V-1.052V
Process: 0.09Micron
Socket: Socket 478
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2

I'm thinking that if the pin trick can work for this (like it does for the other p4 m's) and make it automatically at 200mhz that this baby would BE SICK!!! it made on a 90nano process so that might mean TONS of heat, but if it was wc, i dunno, it sounds like a REALLY sweet chip to me.

What do u guys think? I am really :drool: right now

:burn:

That's a Pentium M, not a P4-M. The microarchitecture is completely different. Aside from the fact that you'd have an extremely hard time getting it to work in a standard P4 motherboard, it wouldn't overclock to the speeds you're thinking. It would probably go to 2.2Ghz on air and maybe 2.4-2.5 on more advanced cooling. This good news is that it wouldn't spew out heat at the rate a P4 does.

good point but even 2.4 on water it would really kick but. Think about it, it'd be better comparable to like a 3.6 to around 3.8 intel chip.

wow that is pretty impressive and geez those were some low temps. Hmm it didnt really say HOW to get a dothan working on a desktop. Any ideas people?

if you can do it the only way i can think of is to take the socket off the mobo and make a converter like powerleap makes and reroute the pins to match the P-M pin layout... but we are talking lots of work...

*edit*
if you know someone that can get you one of these.... then hook me up too! someone posted this a while back i had to find it.....

http://developer.intel.com/design/intarch/devkits/pentiumm.htm
:attn: :drool:

Last edited:
do you actually own the chip?

i read the results from the 2.4Ghz comparison awhile back - looked pretty good. If anyone can get this chip to work on a desktop board with DC memory, it will really shine. After the prescott 'debacle' (but getting better) Intel is supposed to bring these babies to the desktop in a year or so.

lol, yea i hear this guy named saaya over at xtremeresources forum is in the process of designing a bridge so that one could use a dothan on their desktop... he's like 50% done...

not major hackage but rerouting pins would be time consuming...... A P-M is based off of the P6 core not even close to P4's core... Yes though a P-m will work with current chipsets they just need to match the PIN LAYOUT of P4's mobo's.... but why overclock one of those? you would be better going with one of the .9micron 1mb versions....

Back