• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One-Click for FAH5.00 is here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
I only have the single and dual cpu versions finished, so be patient for the quad install.

One-Click is rollin', in my 5.0, rag top down so my hair can blow..

If you are running XP/XP Home/W2K(all versions) on a single cpu computer, do this:

1. Download the Single CPU version.
2. Unzip the file to a floppy or to a directory (folder) on the desktop.
3. Edit the client.cfg with notepad and change "Wedo" to your folding username. Only use Notepad to edit the client.cfg files.
4. Click the .exe file.
5. Fold
6. Repeat as often as humanly possible.

Poof, your folding.

Dually/HT is rollin' the 5.0 too:

You will do everything noted in the above section except use the Dually/HT version of the One-Click:

Download the Dually/HT CPU version.

The only other change is that there are two client.cfg files to edit, both of which need your username (again, use notepad to edit this file). The client.cfg's have different names, but don't worry, when you hit the .exe after editing the One-Click changes the names of the files and copies them into the correct directories.

*Note: With some W2K and XP Home rigs you have to reboot to get the service running. So if you use the One-Click and don't see FAHCore_XX.exe running after a minute in the task manager, just reboot.

This will overwrite any previous One-Click version so if you've already used an OC, fire away.

Furthermore, these versions use the new "bigpackets" flag in the client.cfg (formerly known as the -advmethods flag in the registry. You can disable this by editing the client.cfg and changing the "yes" to a "no".

Speaking of the registry, I used the following four flags:

-local -service -verbosity 9 -forceasm

I like the extra goodies I get from the verbosity flag and I don't like the client downshifting into a form of "safe mode" after a power failure, thus, the -forceasm flag.

Foldeth On-eth
Wedo

Last edited:
So this one will pull those "big-WU's" from stanford? Which CPU's should be folding those huge things exactly? Is it like tinkers, where they fold better on AMD? Can slower (1600+, - 2200+ AthlonXP's) - fold and get the same or better production as the old core?

Sorry for all the questions, just not too familiar with this new core!

...Oh and thank you mr. wedo :bday:

Mr. Chambers said:
So this one will pull those "big-WU's" from stanford? Which CPU's should be folding those huge things exactly? Is it like tinkers, where they fold better on AMD? Can slower (1600+, - 2200+ AthlonXP's) - fold and get the same or better production as the old core?

Sorry for all the questions, just not too familiar with this new core!

...Oh and thank you mr. wedo :bday:

My dually (two 2500+ Bartons with 1.5GB ram) can handle both clients with the big packets, I would assume (dangerous, I know) that any cpu higher than 2Ghz, or 2000+, with at least 512 of ram should be able to handle the whoppers.

Either way, it's an easy edit, so try one big WU and see how it goes, then let us know.

Wedo

MLMIB said:
I don't see the advmethods tag...so it won't pull one right?

or do I just misunderstand it?

Wedo said:
Furthermore, these versions use the new "bigpackets" flag in the client.cfg (formerly known as the -advmethods flag in the registry. You can disable this by editing the client.cfg and changing the "yes" to a "no".

ssprncvegeta said:
Wedo, do you know anyone by the name of Shroomer? he had the top F@H WU count by far on the EOC forum.

Um... "Holy threadjack Batman!"

Yeah, Shroomer used to fold for us, then he went to the EOC, now he's down to one rig that still folds for team 32.

announcer voice

"We will now return to your regularly scheduled thread"
/announcer voice

wedo!, its using cpu usage, but whats that mean at the bottom.

--- Opening Log file [August 14 19:44:04]

# Windows Console Edition #####################################################
###############################################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 5.00

http://folding.stanford.edu

Launch directory: C:\Program Files\FAH\FAH2
Executable: C:\Program Files\FAH\FAH2\FAH500-Console.exe
Arguments: -local -service -verbosity 9 -forceasm

Warning:
By using the -forceasm flag, you are overriding
safeguards in the program. If you did not intend to
do this, please restart the program without -forceasm.
If work units are not completing fully (and particularly
if your machine is overclocked), then please discontinue
use of the flag.

[19:44:04] - Ask before connecting: No
[19:44:04] - User name: Xenocide (Team 32)
[19:44:04] - User ID: 3C1626ED028AA8F5
[19:44:04] - Machine ID: 2
[19:44:04]
[19:44:04] Old queue version detected... converting
[19:44:04] Queue v4.01 detected... converting
[19:44:04] Loaded queue successfully.
[19:44:04] + Benchmarking ...
[19:44:07] The benchmark result is 4404
[19:44:07]
[19:44:07] + Processing work unit
[19:44:07] Core required: FahCore_78.exe
[19:44:07] Core found.
[19:44:07] - Autosending finished units...
[19:44:07] Trying to send all finished work units
[19:44:07] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[19:44:07] - Autosend completed
[19:44:07] Working on Unit 04 [August 14 19:44:07]
[19:44:07] + Working ...
[19:44:07] - Calling 'FahCore_78.exe -dir work/ -suffix 04 -checkpoint 30 -service -forceasm -verbose -lifeline 1768 -version 500'

[19:44:08]
[19:44:08] *------------------------------*
[19:44:08] Folding@home Gromacs Core
[19:44:08] Version 1.65 (May 6, 2004)
[19:44:08]
[19:44:08] Preparing to commence simulation
[19:44:08] - Ensuring status. Please wait.
[19:44:12]
[19:44:12] Folding@home Core Shutdown: CLIENT_DIED

?!!??!?!

So do I need to do anything to uninstall the current version of the one-click I have now? Can I just install this version of one-click while I have my current version running and the new version will take over?

Xenocide said:
wedo!, its using cpu usage, but whats that mean at the bottom.

[19:44:12] Folding@home Core Shutdown: CLIENT_DIED
?!!??!?!

Well that usually happens if the core )1 has found another instance of fah running, )2 an improperly set machine id#......go under services.msc and look for FAH...depending how many instances you have running...you'll either see FAH1 and/or FAH2...stop the service and restart.....you can check by using the task manager to see what's happening.....

I do not use force ASM or SSE and I I always get the message the sse or sse2 is enabled......force ASM was the old 3DNow......I installed the new core from Stanford as a core with 2 instances and NO flags and I've been getting BIG proteins and all have had sse function working......

Hooah!
paps

Back