• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello Again! My rig is done! Comments / Critiques?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzf|champ

Registered
Hi everyone!

My WC project is finally done and with some great results! After lots of consideration, I decided to skip the chipset waterblock (for now) and use the swiftech NB cooler. I took off the fan cause the damn thing was so loud!

I also decided to go with the mobile athlon XP 2600 and sell my Tbird to a friend. Right now she is chugging along at 2.75Ghz @ 15 X 183Mhz @1.72V. Temps are 35 idle and 38 load. I would really love to push it harder, but i dont think my 420W P/S and XMS 2700LL can keep up! And after all this, I certainly dont have another $300 to invest in those two items! (Maybe my P/S wouldn't be so sad if i didnt have 4 hard drives, 4 fans, 2 pumps, and high voltages draining it!)

My AIW 9700 pro Now overclocks to 400/350 without artifacts. I was kinda hoping for more performance there, but i don't know what else to do... VMODS?

Here is a list of what I installed:
DD TDX
Cyclone Fusion HL
2 x CSP pumps in parallel
Supra heater core w/ custom shroud & two adjustable 92mm fans.
Swiftech NB cooler.
OCZ ramsinks on MOSFETS
P/S sleeving and UV mods

I also gutted a card reader and mounted it in a 3.5" bay instead of the floppy

Enjoy the pics and chime in with any questions, comments, or advice!

Attachments

• Full (Small).JPG
    Full (Small).JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 337
  • Tubing (Small).JPG
    Tubing (Small).JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 266
  • hc (Small).JPG
    hc (Small).JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 238
  • Bottom (Small).JPG
    Bottom (Small).JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 243
  • UV4 (Small).JPG
    UV4 (Small).JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 229
Nice setup, but first thing that jumps out at me is the pumps. Any particular reason you chose to run them in parallel instead of in series?

parralell gives more flow, series gives more head.

he wanted more flow, i'd say.

Isint that setup putting too much strain on the pumps since there fighting threw a Y connector to the CPU? Wouldnt it be smarter and easier on the pumps to go from the pump to rad?

Nice Rig. I really like your Heater core setup. However, I noticed a pretty serious kink in your hose coming from the foremost pump. That may seriously restrict flow.

em00guy said:
Nice Rig. I really like your Heater core setup. However, I noticed a pretty serious kink in your hose coming from the foremost pump. That may seriously restrict flow.

It's actually not a kink. I had to boil the 3/8 tube to fit over the 1/2 y adapter. it is just a lil deformed :|

I have a chaintech nforce2 MB.

Styyn said:
Nice setup, but first thing that jumps out at me is the pumps. Any particular reason you chose to run them in parallel instead of in series?

Not only does this give more flow, but it also adds redundancy. :)

KnownKiller said:
Isint that setup putting too much strain on the pumps since there fighting threw a Y connector to the CPU? Wouldnt it be smarter and easier on the pumps to go from the pump to rad?

It is 2 3/8 going to a 1/2. The "fighting" gives it more cooling potential! (so i heard)

KnownKiller said:

I kinda agree with this. I always hit the radiator before the CPU if at all possible. I want the coolest possible water cooling my CPU. ;)
-Andy

Looks good, how are your temps?

Nevermind, I'm mildly retarded, I see your temps are posted, oops.

Last edited:
AndrusLRoc said:
I kinda agree with this. I always hit the radiator before the CPU if at all possible. I want the coolest possible water cooling my CPU. ;)
-Andy

Yeah thats true but i heard these pumps dont give off alot of heat since there low wattage. But it might heat up since thers some strain.. But hey i'd want alot of pressure right on the CPU block.. Nice setup really.

Yeah whats the temps and abundant temp?

KnownKiller said:
Yeah thats true but i heard these pumps dont give off alot of heat since there low wattage. But it might heat up since thers some strain.. But hey i'd want alot of pressure right on the CPU block.. Nice setup really.

Yeah whats the temps and abundant temp?

We're both retarded, or blind... or both... but here they are.

I also decided to go with the mobile athlon XP 2600 and sell my Tbird to a friend. Right now she is chugging along at 2.75Ghz @ 15 X 183Mhz @1.72V. Temps are 35 idle and 38 load.

Great setup with a great overclock! :eek: Damn I'm sure your mobile can do more! You can go up in voltage with those temps.

Charloz24 said:
Great setup with a great overclock! :eek: Damn I'm sure your mobile can do more! You can go up in voltage with those temps.

You were right! 1.9V and a hair over 3.1Ghz. Funny thing is my PSU is so loadedm if i turn on the cold cathodes during prime 95, the damn thing crashes!

Definately gettting a new psu soon!

Sean

As I said at procooling, you would be better served with those pumps in SERIES rather than parallel. You are getting no more flow than 1 pump with them in parallel. Parallel adds no pressure, your block is restrictive and choking the parallel pumps, meaning they are doing no good. Series is redundant as well but works far better if one pump should fail.

Back