• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should i get the EP-8KDA3j???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cracker1082

Registered
Currently I have an Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard, and the overclocking on this sucker just stinks. I got this in the retail bundle from AMD, and that's the only reason i got this motherboard currently. Would the EPOX be a better overclocker than the AMD, do you guys think?

Any help or advice would be appreciated, as i want to make this purchase soon, possibly tomorrow. Thanks guys.

I think it would be a better overclocker than ANY via chipset board. If you don't need four SATA ports (8KDA3J has two) or built in firewire support, then the Epox would be a fine choice. I haven't had any issues whatsoever so far. I like its simplicity. My only gripes are the location of the SATA ports (right above the AGP slot), and the lack of holes for mounting any kind of good chipset cooling (I had to use thermal tape).

Otherwise, it's great! :)

Odie

I'm getting one. I got the combo also and my epox is on it's way. The asus is an good board, if you just want stock but we wouldn't be hangin' here if we were like that.

OnDborder said:
I'm getting one. I got the combo also and my epox is on it's way. The asus is an good board, if you just want stock but we wouldn't be hangin' here if we were like that.

Good choice guys. Just remember that the memory timings don't have to be tight like that on the P4 or XP chips.

Highly recommend A-DATA PC4000. Or if you get it from komusa, get the ones that PC4200, make sure it's A-DATA brand. I hear some good stories for those. I also here nice things about Crucial Balistix and Kingmax PC4000.

OnDborder....just thought i would ask about your current setup. I just ordered the same combo P4 2.4c with the Abit IS7 board, since i have little knowledge of the P4s, what kind of OCs do you get?

-D

Sorry for the delay,bucd.. I get @ 5:4 267x12 @1.675, 2.8vdimm, 3.2 very stable..

Some set ups were able to get results like this for a lower vcore.

the 8kda3+ is a good overclocker - can be a bit flaky until you get it setup properly and ive been through 2 boards so far.

But im currently sitting at 2820 235x12 1:1 3-2-2-10 :attn: so it does move along nicely.

Last edited:
no it doesnt, i havent had any problems with mine, the only thing i gripe about is the newer bios's somereason undervolt the cpu and the board isnt the top overclocker out thier.

Back