• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

needing to remove UV Paint

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FattyMcNastyXK

Bambam's soldier
I took my Asus p4c800-e delux and sprayed it down with this Green UV spray paint. Well, it took a while to clean off the pins and stuff with a little paper towel and tooth pick. Another reason why i need it off is because it makes my UV green cables i bought are not standing out the way I want them to and i think this is because of the excessive glowing of green. I was wondering if there is a safe way to clean the whole board with like Alcohol or something.

I wish I knew the answer to this but I did move it to the modding section for you Fatty :)

If you can't get the paint off you could always spray the board with another UV color like UV White. Since I know you and your a good bloke from my Counter Strike days, I could send you a can of UV White Spray paint I have laying around. :cool:

Alcohol solves everything. Only this time it is not the kind you drink. Take some 91% rubbing alcohol and give that mobo the bath it has been needing. If you are afraid of giving it a bath, try spraying it down with the alcohol and gently rubbing away the paint. You are going to make a mess so do it somewhere that is easy to clean up.

Back