• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem copying cds on dvd burner drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oso_fast

I recently built a comp for a friend and i am having problems when i copy cds...its very slow...i use nero express and during buring times my buffer thing on the bottom keeps falctating...the dvd burner is the liteon sohw 832s and the source drive is a dvd rom...could anyone help me?

thanks

Remember, CD's burn at up to 52x while the fastest DVD burner is only 16x (I believe the current ones that are in the market are only 12x). If you are copying CD's on a DVD burner, I think it's also limited to about 16x. I know my DVD burner only burns at 12x CD and 4x DVD, but it's an older unit.

Unless, I misunderstood your question.

ok its not just when copying cds its also when i make a image of a cd then when i burn the image it goes slow and the buffer thing keeps jumping...on the box of the liteon (dvd burner/cd burner) it says it can burn cds at 40x

oh btw when i was copying i was copying on the fly

What speed is the HD you put in this system? 7200rpm or 5200 rpm?
My 7200rpm drive recently died and had to revert back to my old 5200rpm
drive and I noticed my buffer jumps up and down alot. And also as suggested earlier putting the 2 disc drives on seperate IDE channels might help.

Back