Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Member Jess1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The DFI AMD Forum......
    Posts
    1,898

    how much Vdd is ok for good air......

    Abit NF7.....

    i have a large socket 7 heat sink w/ a 50mm fan, the northbridge is lapped....

    do you think that i *should be ok at 2.05Vdd,

    or do some go higher on air?

    EDIT: anyone w/ 2.0+ vdd please post here.....
    Last edited by Jess1313; 08-17-04 at 10:34 PM.
    Folding for Team 32

    *Heat*

  2. #2
    Just Freeze It
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,245
    I ran 1.9V vdd with a zalman thing and a 40mm fan on it. I never saw a benefit above it.

    I wouldn't do over that 24/7, just for the fact that it tends to killstuff after a few months.

  3. #3
    Member Jess1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The DFI AMD Forum......
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman001
    I ran 1.9V vdd with a zalman thing and a 40mm fan on it. I never saw a benefit above it.

    I wouldn't do over that 24/7, just for the fact that it tends to killstuff after a few months.
    just wondering because, i can run 242@1.78vdd, but at 2.05 im priming now, going on 4 hours @2567fsb......
    Folding for Team 32

    *Heat*

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    189
    I have a lapped NB and a Swiftech MCx159 cooler.... I would run 2.0v 24/7 if it helped me but after testing between 1.6v-1.9v I've found 1.7v to be the most stable with my setup so I leave it there...
    it's your call whether you take the risk or not... but 256 is very impressive if it's stable ... congrats!

  5. #5
    Member Jess1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The DFI AMD Forum......
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi
    I have a lapped NB and a Swiftech MCx159 cooler.... I would run 2.0v 24/7 if it helped me but after testing between 1.6v-1.9v I've found 1.7v to be the most stable with my setup so I leave it there...
    it's your call whether you take the risk or not... but 256 is very impressive if it's stable ... congrats!
    yes it made it through prime all night at that, it hasnt been easy,
    it took,

    L12mod
    Vdimm mod
    Vtt mod
    Vdd mod
    Lap NB(added 12+mhz.......)

    i was about to give up but it came through.....
    Folding for Team 32

    *Heat*

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    189
    Congrats Jess1313
    I have the same mods as you but I run 1GB or Micron 5B-C so this is as far as they'll go.... but it's still a lot more than I could have hoped for with CPC ON

    What RAM do you use?

  7. #7
    Member Jess1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The DFI AMD Forum......
    Posts
    1,898
    mushkin 222 special(bh-6)@3.4vdimm w/ 2-2-2-11
    Folding for Team 32

    *Heat*

  8. #8
    Member enduro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montgomery Alabama Yall
    Posts
    3,305
    Wow. Lapping your NB added 12 Mhz? That's incredible. I didn't realize that the NB's needed to be cooled so much. Interesting. I wonder if I could pass by my board limit if I lapped my NB

  9. #9
    Member Jess1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The DFI AMD Forum......
    Posts
    1,898
    i belive that my board needed it more than others, it was so concaved you could have poored a bowl of soup it it , and at 2.0Vdd+ cooling is very inportant, and has a big infuence.....
    Folding for Team 32

    *Heat*

  10. #10
    Member enduro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montgomery Alabama Yall
    Posts
    3,305
    Yikes!! 2.+V vdd. Hello mister frankenstein.

    I tried 1.5 and 1.7, and neither seemed to help in memtest. I'll try 1.4V when I get home to see if it will do anything. I'm looking into trying some new ram timings too. That might help. Some one was saying that EB doesn't like cas 3 or the NF7 doesn't like cas 3, one of those two.

  11. #11
    Member Jess1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The DFI AMD Forum......
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by enduro
    Yikes!! 2.+V vdd. Hello mister frankenstein.

    I tried 1.5 and 1.7, and neither seemed to help in memtest. I'll try 1.4V when I get home to see if it will do anything. I'm looking into trying some new ram timings too. That might help. Some one was saying that EB doesn't like cas 3 or the NF7 doesn't like cas 3, one of those two.
    EB loves cas3, but some NFII doesnt, it usually depends of the bios. the d24 trats, and the d25 merlins usually like cas3....
    Folding for Team 32

    *Heat*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •