• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much Vdd is ok for good air......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jess1313

Abit NF7.....

i have a large socket 7 heat sink w/ a 50mm fan, the northbridge is lapped....

do you think that i *should be ok at 2.05Vdd,

or do some go higher on air?

EDIT: anyone w/ 2.0+ vdd please post here.....

Last edited:
I ran 1.9V vdd with a zalman thing and a 40mm fan on it. I never saw a benefit above it.

I wouldn't do over that 24/7, just for the fact that it tends to killstuff after a few months.

sandman001 said:
I ran 1.9V vdd with a zalman thing and a 40mm fan on it. I never saw a benefit above it.

I wouldn't do over that 24/7, just for the fact that it tends to killstuff after a few months.

just wondering because, i can run [email protected], but at 2.05 im priming now, going on 4 hours @2567fsb......

I have a lapped NB and a Swiftech MCx159 cooler.... I would run 2.0v 24/7 if it helped me but after testing between 1.6v-1.9v I've found 1.7v to be the most stable with my setup so I leave it there...
it's your call whether you take the risk or not... but 256 is very impressive if it's stable :)... congrats!

Rabbi said:
I have a lapped NB and a Swiftech MCx159 cooler.... I would run 2.0v 24/7 if it helped me but after testing between 1.6v-1.9v I've found 1.7v to be the most stable with my setup so I leave it there...
it's your call whether you take the risk or not... but 256 is very impressive if it's stable :)... congrats!

yes it made it through prime all night at that, it hasnt been easy,
it took,

L12mod
Vdimm mod
Vtt mod
Vdd mod
Lap NB(added 12+mhz.......)

i was about to give up but it came through.....

Congrats Jess1313 :beer: :attn:
I have the same mods as you but I run 1GB or Micron 5B-C so this is as far as they'll go.... but it's still a lot more than I could have hoped for with CPC ON :D

What RAM do you use?

Wow. Lapping your NB added 12 Mhz? That's incredible. I didn't realize that the NB's needed to be cooled so much. Interesting. I wonder if I could pass by my board limit if I lapped my NB

i belive that my board needed it more than others, it was so concaved you could have poored a bowl of soup it it :beer: , and at 2.0Vdd+ cooling is very inportant, and has a big infuence.....

Yikes!! 2.+V vdd. Hello mister frankenstein. ;)

I tried 1.5 and 1.7, and neither seemed to help in memtest. I'll try 1.4V when I get home to see if it will do anything. I'm looking into trying some new ram timings too. That might help. Some one was saying that EB doesn't like cas 3 or the NF7 doesn't like cas 3, one of those two.

enduro said:
Yikes!! 2.+V vdd. Hello mister frankenstein. ;)

I tried 1.5 and 1.7, and neither seemed to help in memtest. I'll try 1.4V when I get home to see if it will do anything. I'm looking into trying some new ram timings too. That might help. Some one was saying that EB doesn't like cas 3 or the NF7 doesn't like cas 3, one of those two.

EB loves cas3:), but some NFII doesnt, it usually depends of the bios. the d24 trats, and the d25 merlins usually like cas3....

Back