• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with my seagate 120gb.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueplaya4ever8

I was defraging and the power went out and ever since then i cant get into windows, only to the windows xp screen then blue screen....... could it have killed my hard drive? is there anyway to save it? or do i just have to reformat and reinstall?

thanks

It sounds like some files got corrupted when they were being moved within the hard drive.
I am assuming that your hard drive shows up in your BIOS... I would check that first.

Anyways... I think a reformat and reinstall of windows would suit you well.

I think you type in the actual command for restoring certain files, google is a big help in finding instructions on how to effectively use the repair thing, I used it a long time ago and it does work....but my prob was too big and I ended up just wiping/reinstalling....

don't use the recovery console. you want to basically do a repair install of winows, which just basically overlaps the windows u have. then you should back up the stuff u need, reformat, and do a fresh install of windows.

Back