• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800pro acting weird !??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeXenViRii

I posted a message a while ago about beefing up the cooling on my 9800pro , since i thought it was running really hot with the stock heatsink . A member told me to get a copper heatsink , that would help alot , he said i could get one for a good price @ www.svc.com . So searched the site and found one for a good price , it even came with its own thermal tape . So i cleaned averything off and installed the new copper heatsink . But now i dont know whats wrong , i get all kinds of dots and lines in windows ... i installed that service pack 2 for xp , but that didnt help ... maybe i mounted it wrong ??

9800.jpg

98002.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, thats a chipset hs for mosfets and memory. You need a vga silencer that has a real big HS on it. The surface area of that HS isnt enough to spread out the heat that the card produces. Dont use the card anymore like that, you could damage it for good.

Its possible that its not making proper contact, how are your temps now? and i dont think using thermal tape on a gpu is a good idea, RAM yes...would you use thermal tape on your cpu? i wouldent, try some paste and see what happens.

EDIT, for the love of god i hope your joking? GET A BIGGER HEATSINK NINNY.

yeah this is a joke, look @ the screenshots...nice fake artifacts in PAINT.

Ahh , you got me =P Yes , it was paint , photochop just has too many buttons :D . I was in the middle of putting on my VGA Silencer , when the opportunity arose ...

LOL i couldnt stop laughing thought u was a n00b ;) then i guess it was photoshop good work tho man looks quite cool wish my 9700pro could run with that heatsink :drool:

Nice man....that got me good. I looked and saw that you were a member for two years, and I thought to myself...."has he not learned anything?" Lol....

thanks for taking 4 years off my life with that one!

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
Nice man....that got me good. I looked and saw that you were a member for two years, and I thought to myself...."has he not learned anything?" Lol....

thanks for taking 4 years off my life with that one!

-Collin-

I am also the originator of the "If you own a Radeon 7000-9800 POST HERE! " sticky :D ... i thought it was time to throw some funny out there . I have 1 more good one in mind , involving a sodiering iron ...

Dude, that picture officially gets saved and backed up to survive my formats.

You sir have made my day! :)
JigPu

Back