• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP 64-bit CD Key

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spazzmattah

I downloaded Win XP 64-bit from MS. During install it asked for CD KEy!!! What should I use?

I went to download it. I only need to give them my name and address and email. I used fake name and addr, but real email. Here's what I got in the email. I tried using that Order ID for CD KEy but it's 26 char, CD Key asks for 25. I tried dropping the last 5 and first D, still no work. I think I'm going to call MS. Anyone else have a solution?

Thank you for order. Please save this mail receipt for your records. If you have any questions regarding your registration, please reply to this e-mail.
Please be aware that there is no technical support for this product. You can visit http://support.microsoft.com/ for self service support options.

Order ID: DK81WDUABST48HF1SFBN2ABJJ5

Items:
Product: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition - Download
Quantity: 1
Download: URL Removed -- JigPu
Your download link will be sent in a separate email.
490MB

Order Total: US$0.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you recieve the other e-mail? When I downloaded their trial of Windows 2003, one of the emails contained the product key to use just below the download link. While they provide you with one in the email you have up there, the key may be in another one.

BTW: I realize you probably didn't mean anything by it (just a copy/paste of your e-mail), but Microsoft has you register for a reason, so I've removed the link to the ISO in your post.
JigPu

If you choose to register to download the software, be aware that you will not receive the product CD. The downloadable product software is available in English only.

When you register to download the product software, Microsoft will send you an e-mail message with download instructions.

After you have completed the download registration process, you will receive an e-mail message with a link to the download page. On the download page, you will see a link to the Setup file and a Product Key for the software you wish to install. The file will be in ISO format and must be burned to a CD before you can install the software on your computer.

The download files are large (approximately 450 megabytes) so the download may take a considerable time to complete. Microsoft recommends only those with broadband, ADSL or other high-speed Internet connections attempt this download.
Taken from the following site...
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Customer Preview Program

im in the same boat i registered and got email with link dled the file burnt image to disc then booted into cd formated old drive and began installing....only with no cd key

i only got the one email i went and registered again with roomates name and got only one email again kinda torturous to give us the new build of windows xp x64 and not let us install it

Last edited:
hawtrawkr said:
im in the same boat i registered and got email with link dled the file burnt image to disc then booted into cd formated old drive and began installing....only with no cd key

i only got the one email i went and registered again with roomates name and got only one email again kinda torturous to give us the new build of windows xp x64 and not let us install it

Same here. I never received the 2nd email with the CD Key. This is frustrating!

-=TriX=- said:
Have you tried contacting MS Customer Service?

Yes, first thing they asked for was my credit card number and that I would be charged $35. Screw this $hist. I'm downloading Linux, I just want to play with a 64 bit OS with my new Athlon 64.

i downloaded the software a while back and in the email they send me, it has the cd-key in it. mine's 420mbs instead of 490.

Order ID: 3D0H1DR4H67A8MFBCQBQL7U0M4

Items:

Product: Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems Download

Download: www.%^$&#^@%#$^$.com

PID: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (cd-key)

The estimated download times for Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended
Systems (420 MB) are 16 hours 17 minutes @ 56k, 1 hour 28 minutes on DSL, and
37 minutes on T1.

alien dork said:
i downloaded the software a while back and in the email they send me, it has the cd-key in it. mine's 420mbs instead of 490.

Order ID: 3D0H1DR4H67A8MFBCQBQL7U0M4

Items:

Product: Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems Download

Download: www.%^$&#^@%#$^$.com

PID: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (cd-key)

The estimated download times for Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended
Systems (420 MB) are 16 hours 17 minutes @ 56k, 1 hour 28 minutes on DSL, and
37 minutes on T1.

think its just a mishap on microsofts end that will hopefully be resolved before too long.

Hey Guys, after not recieveing my key when I downloaded Win64 Wednesday I replyed to the email like it said if you had a problem. Today I recieved this email:

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order for the Windows XP Professional x64
Edition Download. We apologize for the confusion you may have
experienced regarding the product key requirement to activate the
download. Please use the following product key when installing the
program:

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

We appreciate your patience and continued support of Microsoft Products.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Megan
WinXP 64-Bit Edition Order Admin

So, jsut reply to the email stating you didnt recieve your product key and they will send one.

Hmmm........thanks for the heads up. I installed a secondary copy on my system but I am trying to track down a network driver before I can get online. Everything boots up as SP1 installed with all my hardware recognized. I was shocked.

Thanks! I just checked my email and I got the same email with CD KEY. I also replied to the original email on Wed. I guess I don't hate MS so much now. Win64 is installing as I type, woohoo......

hawtrawkr said:
yeah i received a key in email today as well and have os installed for some reason it wont let me download flash or use windows updater though

Same here. I haven't tried Flash, but Windows updater doesn't seem to work. It always says Right click on "Windows Update" and run as Administrator, but when I do that I still get the same message.

hawtrawkr said:
yeah i received a key in email today as well and have os installed for some reason it wont let me download flash or use windows updater though

I've googled and there is no Flash Plugin for the 64Bit IE Browser. If you use the 32Bit Browser (Included) you can use flash just fine. And for the windows update I found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316524

But I still havent gotten it to work as of now...

Back