• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does FedEx ship (not deliver) on weekends?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MiNdWaRp

ok the deal is I'm leaving for college on monday. I'd like to order a few things from NewEgg and have them there not too long after I arrive.

So if I were to order my stuff Friday... so NewEgg gets it to fedex by the weekend, they would be transporting it over those 2 days, correct?

Order it friday, shipping saturday, sunday, get it monday?

Fedex ground is the only one that works on weekends so if you live a block away from them, you're set. Otherwise it's Tuesday for you, buckaroo.

Fedex Express Saver isn't ground, either, so you'll be waiting until Tuesday.

hmm...it seems now that I've checked my tracking....they sent one of my packages (This should have been done yesterday with the other one.) from the sorting facility today...I don't know what else they have to do before i get it, but this was definetly done today.

I ordered a small package from Newegg last Thursday - it got to the Los Angeles shipping center by Friday night, spent the weekend there, then was delayed on Monday because it was "not due for delivery." There was nothing else on the tracking page, and the estimated delivery was Wednesday, so I assume not only did they not ship it over the weekend (if it had anywhere to go), they also intentionally held it because it was too early. This is why I so dislike Fedex.

Gah, that sucks...I hope they don't do that with my order. >< I'm going to stop checkiing my tracking page. XD It makes the wait sooo painful. x_X

Restorer said:
I ordered a small package from Newegg last Thursday - it got to the Los Angeles shipping center by Friday night, spent the weekend there, then was delayed on Monday because it was "not due for delivery." There was nothing else on the tracking page, and the estimated delivery was Wednesday, so I assume not only did they not ship it over the weekend (if it had anywhere to go), they also intentionally held it because it was too early. This is why I so dislike Fedex.

Every shipper does this - otherwise there's no way to diffrentiate between their shipping levels and the associated prices. Yes, it sucks, but it's an anecdotal complaint.

UPS is worse than FedEx in my area, actually, because UPS always holds early packages at a regional depot before shipping it to my local one. That means that if they make an error in shipping/processing after they hold it, the package gets delayed. Horrible logistics there.

Fedex ground is the only one that works on weekends so if you live a block away from them, you're set. Otherwise it's Tuesday for you, buckaroo.
Fedex Home Delivery (resedential ground) delivers on Saturdays but not on Mondays. Fedex Ground (commercial) delivers Mondays but not during the weekend. Basically, Home Delivery calls Saturday a business day and takes Monday off.

Fedex Express picks up and moves on Saturday (something sent out Saturday as 'next day' arrives Monday) but won't deliver on Saturday unless you've paid for Saturday delivery.

oO; I hate that Newegg sent one of my packages to Memphis, TN and the other to Indienapolis, IN and the on in Indiana has gone through 2 sorting facilities and the other one seems to have gone through only one and is already here in Baltimore even though it arrived at the first destination after the other. >< It's so confusing and illogical. : /

Why I dislike UPS

One thing I have to say about FedEx is their hours of delievery. I work evenings, so I'm home until 3 or so. I got my wifes package around 2ish. Next day my package carried by UPS came at 8:30 pm (what kind of time is that?). So, I won't be able to get it.

I thought hey, I'll pick it up at the sorting center here in town, they'll have it.

Hours M-F 12:30pm - 6pm.

So, if I miss it during the day, I have to pick it up during the "day"? I dunno, just confusing.

I always go with USPS - they've never let me down. Too bad this was an RMA.

The hours very much depend on where you are, and who your delivery person is. I used to recieve Fedex packages at 6-7PM, perfect for me, but now it's been 10AM-12PM, which is very bad for me.

I just received a mobo from newegg shipping using the express 3 days option, and it was sent to my house in one day. It was shipped out on thursday, and arrived here on friday. I live on the other side of the country from newegg, so its not like they only needed to walk down the street.

Back