• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant see HD in my computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrAzY_J

Registered
kk well my first post here :attn:

um i bought a new HD 160 gig 7200 rpm 8 mb Western Digital
my first HD is the master and the new one = slave
i had already reformatted the new HD and put stuff on it (on other copmuter)
but the prob is i didnt install it on the other copmuter so i have no idea how to do it on my computer now :(
when you start you PC you get the setup thing..wel i went there and i saw the HD there as secondary slave
when i go to my computer...IT NOT THERE!!
plz help me

Is there a secondary Master listed on your screen at startup. If not then you need to change the jumper to Master on your HDD if it is going remain on the secondary. Also what operating system are you running? Is there a RAID setup. Have you gone into Administrator Tools and then to clicked on computer management, then to Disk Management to see if it is there?

yes there is a secondary master
and im running xp
well i went to my computer manage and saw a drive there which is unreadable
and i can convert it to basic
but....ive got soooo many stuff on that HD!!
i really want it to work without losing all the data

oh and i dont know what RAID is :bang head

CrAzY_J said:
yes there is a secondary master
and im running xp
well i went to my computer manage and saw a drive there which is unreadable
and i can convert it to basic
but....ive got soooo many stuff on that HD!!
i really want it to work without losing all the data

oh and i dont know what RAID is :bang head

OK How did you format the HDD FAT32 or NTFS

hmm
well im kinda n00b so i didnt understand any of that^
but the new hD was formatted by my cous...um just right click at my comp..that where he reformated it

and the old one i just reformatted....um when i start the pc and pressed f11 etc etc etc

CrAzY_J said:
i cant find the scan disk anywhere:(
is there anything else i can do??
:(:(

go to administrative tools then to, computer management, then disk management, right click on the problem drive and left click on properties then click on tools. then do the error check.

Back