• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antivirus of Choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which antivirus do you use?......and why.

• McAfee

Votes: 45 5.6%
  • Norton

Votes: 181 22.4%
  • Other

Votes: 583 72.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LutaWicasa

, Immutable, Administrator
NOTICE: This poll and thread is outdated. It is not advisable to use this as a current reference.

The 2 big hitters would be Norton and McAfee....who do you use....and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Avast Free Home Edition all the way ..
tried norton, it worked for a while, but then the included spam filter made outlook express error on open .. everytime, all the time...once norton's uninstalled, everything was back to normal.

mcafee ... heard many horror stories about them ..

AVG usually, but I'm currently running a trial of eTrust from CA.

Why? Because I'm too cheap to buy software when great freeware exists! :)
JigPu

Norton here. Came with my laptop and I have a copy for the dually as well.

i use NAV Corp 9, my friend at work let me on his license, its soooo much better than nav professional or the home garbage

I voted for Norton, cause that's what I buy/use on my rig. On other rigs for my mom and sister I use Avast! Antivirus. I tried AVG, but it had a weird problem were it would detect a virus, but not delete/remove it. It also didn't seem to do a very good job doing a complete drive scan.

On another note I usually set norton or etc to automatically gets updates for itself, and I have it set to do a full scan every monday morning at 3am. How does everyone else have there antivirus set up?

AVG simple and very effective. Found and removed virus that norton missed.

I use Norton and have had no real virus problems . I've however heard of or have seen too many cases where McAfee or sites using it got caught out by viruses . I also have just installed PC-cillin 2002 on my other computer which came free with my A7N8X and I saw that it was tested and is actually a better antivirus than Norton 2004 in fact it won the review beating all others pretty easily . So I was most annoyed that I had ignored it all of this time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back