• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turning the monitor on...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

13rian

My friend's 19" monitor takes a pretty long time to display anything after hitting the power button (like over a minute). Does this mean it's dying?

I tried searching the forum for something like this, but I've only run into flacky monitors that make strange noises, which this monitor does not have

Shopping spree.

It sounds like the really old tv's that have to "warm up" it shouldn't take more than a minute for you to see a picture. Shouldn't take more than 12 seconds or so. 12 seconds is about what it takes my monitor to turn on and get to full brightness, after being off several hours or overnight. I think it is a problem, has it always taken this long? If it has maybe it is ok(Wierd though.), but if it slowly got this bad then it is probably time to go shopping. BTW, how old is it, and what brand.

He recently bought it at a place he was working at for cheap b/c it was of course used. So other than that, I don't have anymore info, except than he bought it for $20. I'll see him tomorrow and will hopefully be able to get the details.

I was really looking forward to getting my own from the same source, but this problem is giving me second thoughts. I don't know how long their supply of monitors will last so if anybody can give me some more advice... =\

well I'll be disappearing for a few days from the internet so...we'll see =\

Back