• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wait, I lick chocolate, mm chocolate...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Overclocker

when are the new .13 micron celerons comming out, how much will they cost, what speed will the be, what speed will they reach and will they works on my mobo (aopen ax3sp pro)

The new .13 micron Celerons are already out - they're called Tualatin PIIIs. Well, close, anyway. Supposedly they'll be out by November/December, clocked between 1.1 and 1.3 GHz at 100FSB. However, I'm still unclear as to what Intel will do to keep their performance significantly less than the Pentium 4. Probably neuter the cache system or something like it.

I doubt they will work on any current coppermine board. maybe the old school BX boards (i REALLY gotta get the BIOS fixed on my GA686BX) too. VIA have "T" versions of their boards and intel have another version of the i815 also for the new .13 process.

No...the new Tualatin PIIIs wont work on normal Fc-Pga 815EP
it will only work on mainboard like Asus Tusl2-c Fc-Pga2 815EP
It wont work because the normal mainboards like Asus Cusl2-c are Intel 815EP Step-B and the new ones will be Intel 815Ep Step-A!!! :( But teh Tuatalin erathe best!!!
256Kb cache or 512Kb Cache
1.475 V.core
133Mhz FSB not 100Mhz
SL5GN

just checked on aopens web site, there is a new board called the AS3SP Pro-U which supports the tualatin, it looks the same in the picture so i wonder if the bios upgrade will work on mine...

Ok ok enough enough I talked to an Intel rep on the phone and the 1gig he has in the lab is a .18 micron. He said to look for the CPU to be out in the first or second quarter but I am not sure if he was talking about it being a .18 or a .13.

Also the new P/// is not a celeron by any means the cache alone makes it more than that almost putting it on the line of a home users version of a Xeon. the 512k shall be mine ohhh yes it shall be mine.

The last I heard from powerleap they where comming up with a adapter to allow tualatins to work on most socket 370 boards.. I am not sure if it would also allow 'celeron' tualatins..

Though to be fair I was supose to have an eng. sample early this month, and from what I've heard I'm not the only one thats been shut out by the NDA, cant even get ANY e-mails returned.

How disrespectfull!

-Trek

Back