• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 Max Voltage On Air?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Just woundering what do you guy's think a safe 24\7 max vcore is for a A64 cpu as long as the temp's arent breaking 50c. The reason I'am asking is I'am already @ 1.7 and temp's seem fine but I would like to work my way up to around 1.75-1.77 to maybe be able to run a clock speed of 2.5ghz or close to it. The IHS is removed so I dont think the cpu will stand as much of a chance of burning up with better cooling as it would with the stock situation. :D

Jonspd

Well as long as your temps arent too high I dont see a problem but do not go above 1.8 on air. I take it you did a vcore mod. Because my max listed is 1.7v in the bios.

Yes I did the vcore and vddim and cooling mod's before I posted with the board :D

Most of the time I dont do that but for some reason I was really hoping it was all going to work out ok.

i would say 1.7 is a safe asumtion w/ your temps, a64 is still fairly new, and really i dont think that many have tested above 1.7 w/ air cooling. it would be up to you, a personaly pref to try above that. but i really think i would get scared above 1.8 on air......

Well I havn't used above 1.8 so far but I think I'am going to shoot for around 1.75 plus with the IHS already removed it's not like I can hurt it anymore then it already is. I'll be happy with 2.5ghz if it takes to much volt's and temp's are to high @ 2.5 then I will probably turn it back to around 2.45 so I can make the cpu last alittle longer.

Well I have yet to see 50c+ full load sence I have removed it. With cpu @ 2.45 and 1.72 volt's about 44-46c full load.

Back