• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG tech support/warranty..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kobra007

Registered
BFG tech support/warranty - proof of concept.

Well, my 2 week old BFG6800GT started to get a "Noisy" fan.. Nothing too serious, but annoying nonetheless... It happens, I haven't owned a video card in the last 10 years that hasn't needed to be replaced at least once in its lifetime. Thats why I buy products with lifetime warranties.

Anyway, figured i'd swap it out at Best Buy for a new one.. No such luck.. BFG's sold out, and a 1 month+ backlog on orders... So I call BFG Tech. Guy on phone was cool, said if it bugs me, I can send it back and they will send a new one out the SAME DAY, so my downtime will only be 1 day, he even offered to pay for my shipping costs by ordering a fed-ex pickup on the card!

Not really much of a hassle I guess. :thup: I asked him if I can just ignore it for awhile since i'm lazy and got some new games I want to play right now and not have a day without them. He said I can just not worry about it, and whenever I feel like it, call back and he will order a pickup the same day. :beer:

Anyway, great service and support, just like they claim. I called them on a Saturday Night as well! Wonder how many other card companies have techs working Saturday Night? LOL!

Turns out it wasn't the card. Fan sucked up a firball in it, and was buzzing on the blades... LOL.. Glad I checked it closer. =)

$5 can of air fixed it right up.

Back