Booting from Mirrored win2k drive.

HI all got a problem,

I have 2 disks that are mirrored through win2k. They are dynamic volumes. Whenever i boot the system it gives me the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I've tried the Recovery Console (with and without the the ERD disk) and it still won;t boot. I even tried the recovery process that re-installs all of the windows files and i still get the error. Now I've had mirrored volumes fail before but in an industrial setting. There I would just boot from the good mirror and do a reverse sync to get them back. Ot at the very least remove the bad harddrive and boot from the single.

Ive removed the bad drive and tried to boot from the good part of the mirror (2nd drive) and it is not recognized. I'm thinking the main difference is that most of my business applications are HARDWARE mirrored and this is software mirrired. I guess that its not a true bit for bit mirror copy since its software.

anybody have any ideas?

thanks in advance!
    Shame on the night..... for places i've been and what i've seen... For giving me the strangest dreams - Dio(RIP)

DO a MBR repair.

I tried that as one of my recovery console options. still no go. I even have the ERD and tried that to recover and still nada
    Shame on the night..... for places i've been and what i've seen... For giving me the strangest dreams - Dio(RIP)

drivers for the raid controller? are they installed? and this may sound stupid but did you check the bios to make sure it is set to boot from it?
    Abit NF7-S Rev 2
    AMD 2500 Mobile
    2 x 512mb Mushkin 222 Special
    Maze 4 GPU Eheim 1250, 89 Ford Van H/C 2 Ys-Tech 135CFM fans with custom shroud, critcool relay
    2 120GB SATA Western Digital 7200 RPM 8MB Raid 0
    Plexwriter Premium 52x32x52 8mb
    Gigabyte 6600GT
    Antec True Blue 480W power supply
    4 (2 in 2 out) 120mm, 6 (2 in 4 out) 80mm 284cfm out 222cfm in all on high ( not usually on high )
    Lain Li pc70 w/ heavy mods