• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Booting from Mirrored win2k drive.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nahmus

HI all got a problem,

I have 2 disks that are mirrored through win2k. They are dynamic volumes. Whenever i boot the system it gives me the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I've tried the Recovery Console (with and without the the ERD disk) and it still won;t boot. I even tried the recovery process that re-installs all of the windows files and i still get the error. Now I've had mirrored volumes fail before but in an industrial setting. There I would just boot from the good mirror and do a reverse sync to get them back. Ot at the very least remove the bad harddrive and boot from the single.

Ive removed the bad drive and tried to boot from the good part of the mirror (2nd drive) and it is not recognized. I'm thinking the main difference is that most of my business applications are HARDWARE mirrored and this is software mirrired. I guess that its not a true bit for bit mirror copy since its software.

anybody have any ideas?

thanks in advance!

drivers for the raid controller? are they installed? and this may sound stupid but did you check the bios to make sure it is set to boot from it?

Back